Southern California GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey CHEVY and Jimmy,

Glad you all got up there and had a good, safe time...Sorry we missed it...but I wasn't sure if it was on after I logged out Friday afternoon. Worse yet, the job on Saturday (that was supposed to take until maybe noon or 2:00pm) kept us working until 8:00pm :cry:

Maybe with more lead-in time it would have been easier to plan ahead, but with the gate closures (Grade Valley still Closed) and everyone's busy schedules it's been tough to try to make the GTG work.

I'm still up for a re-schedule (when G.V. opens for woodcutting)...Or we could try later in the fall like last year...and try to work around hunting season. :cheers:

Sorry I couldnt make it we ended up working on my jet boat all weekend, and finally got it done today. Leaving in 4 days for the lake.
Bounty if you wouldnt mind some company/help I would like to come cut with you anytime I can. I ordered a spark screen for the 394 and another loop of 28" chain for the 372 today. Same goes for you Chev if youre up that way. Thanks guys.

hey any of you fellers live in valley springs California if you do pm me please i got a saw i need picked up and shipped to me here in tennessee and i'll pay you for your time if you can do this

Hey David B,
Yep, old thread fer sure but there are probably still a few AS members here in Cali that would be up for a GTG.
CHEVYTOWN got himself perma-banned but he still hangs out at SawHawgs. Paso Robles Jimmy is around, and hopefully some new members might be interested as well.
How about it ArboristSite Brothers and Sisters, who's up for a SoCal GTG?

Have a great day and Saw Safe

Hi BH, its good to hear that you are still around.

Even though its a long drive, I've attended the PNW GTG for the last 3 years. Nice bunch of guys with an interesting assortment of saws. Mark Heilman drove out from Iowa with a pickup full of restored McCulloughs for the last 2 years. The Pacific Northwest GTG has a FaceBook page.

Hey David B,
Yep, old thread fer sure but there are probably still a few AS members here in Cali that would be up for a GTG.
CHEVYTOWN got himself perma-banned but he still hangs out at SawHawgs. Paso Robles Jimmy is around, and hopefully some new members might be interested as well.
How about it ArboristSite Brothers and Sisters, who's up for a SoCal GTG?

Have a great day and Saw Safe
Hey BH, Good to see you again, Chevytown is also banned from Sawhawgs

I’d make that 4 hr trip to hang out with some sawyers. Actually...I have friends I owe a visit in Lopez canyon...and he might have some trees needin’ cuttin’...

Near Lopez Lake? I'm located in North SLO County at Lake Nacimiento. Wouldn't mind picking up some firewood..

I'm pretty muchly interested in any location north of Santa Barbara. Is there any good location near Lopez Lake or Pozo or where ever there are problem eucalyptus groves.

Fairly recently, CalTrans was cutting down eucalyptus (actually Blue Gum) trees on the 101 north of King City. Some of the locals were harvesting firewood from them. I understand that it burns hot with little ash.

Latest posts

Back