Southern Magnolia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
Reaction score
or M. grandiflora is it any good for firewood? I removed a 18"DBH one today. I dumped it 1/2 way between the woodpile and where I push chips and wood over into the dump, so if it's worth fooling with, its not too far gone just yet. about a pickup load is all we saved. this stuff chips so easy!!
I found myself wondering if someone lived in these tree's range, they might not need to burn wood for heat anyway!
Anyone burn it? is it worth fooling with, or shove it on over? whats it burn like?
This is green, so it would be stacked for next year, but I really can't leave it where it is forever. its almost in the way now.
-Ralph

I find it hard to believe that no one knows how this stuff burns!!
bump!!
-Ralph

I have burned it in the past- let it dry and it is pretty light- weight. Good "fodder wood"- nothing to use primarily for heat. Splits real easy also. Since the Magnolia tree is Ms. state tree, the only ones I have dealt with were storm removal trees. :)

OK, I will split a few of the straight pieces, and shove the rest over the dump. I have plenty of poplar, pine and maple for kindling and starter wood.
Thanks for the replies!
-Ralph

Back