Split 1 Cord of Douglas Fir with A Fiskars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerdoug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How long does it take any of you to split a cord of Douglas Fir with a Fiskars? I don't have access to oak. I have access to:
Douglas Fir
Maple
Alder

All of which split pretty easy. I am thinking about timing myself on a video and posting it. That means I would have to split a cord in under 10 minutes. Maybe I will choose a half cord for my test.

Your thoughts welcome . . .

How long does it take any of you to split a cord of Douglas Fir with a Fiskars? I don't have access to oak. I have access to:
Douglas Fir
Maple
Alder

All of which split pretty easy. I am thinking about timing myself on a video and posting it. That means I would have to split a cord in under 10 minutes. Maybe I will choose a half cord for my test.

My Fiskars pruning shears won't split wood worth damm.:(

What is you secret?:monkey:

What is douglas fir? :D

We don't have that here so I don't know what my splitting time is. But I can say that I can split & stack Hedgeapple or Black locust at a VERY leisurely pace and get about 1/2 cord done per day.

Although I never really work through the whole day. Why work hard when I can spread it out and do other, less tedious tasks in the middle to break up the hard work?

Douglas Fir
Maple
Alder

:ices_rofl: !!! a cord in 10 min ??? :ices_rofl:
it takes more than 10 min to load a cord of wood into a dumptruck with a bucket loader !!
it takes more than 10 min to stand a cord on end to get ready to split !
i couldnt even put a chalk mark on the pieces of wood it takes to split to make up a cord in 10 min !
are you telling us you can split TWICE as much as in this pic in 10 min ???
all by yourself ??

attachment.php

ALL HAIL SUPERMAN !!!!!!!!! :ices_rofl:

great comments

Good feedback. A lot of people are into hydraulic splitters.

A splitting axe is over twice as fast and easier. Thought I would stir up a little competition with the hydraulic guys.:D

Good feedback. A lot of people are into hydraulic splitters.

A splitting axe is over twice as fast and easier. Thought I would stir up a little competition with the hydraulic guys.:D

You aint stirring up any compitition,you just making yourself look FOOLISH !
And HOW is pushing on a lever with one finger harder than swinging an axe ???
LOOK OUT !!! THIer rite behind you !! the guys in the white coats !
Bummer man,gonna bring you back to the home :(

Douglas Fir
Maple
Alder

Good luck with that. Hard to split 128 bananas, not to mention 128 cubic ft. of wood, in 10 minutes.

:ices_rofl: !!! a cord in 10 min ??? :ices_rofl:
it takes more than 10 min to load a cord of wood into a dumptruck with a bucket loader !!
it takes more than 10 min to stand a cord on end to get ready to split !
i couldnt even put a chalk mark on the pieces of wood it takes to split to make up a cord in 10 min !
are you telling us you can split TWICE as much as in this pic in 10 min ???
all by yourself ??

attachment.php

ALL HAIL SUPERMAN !!!!!!!!! :ices_rofl:

But But but....he's got a "fiskars"!

The challenge is on . . .

Alright guys - you have had your fun!

I guess it is time for me to record my 10 minute run behind a Fiskars. I don't know how much unsplit wood I have out there, but I will gather it all up and do a video . . .

I will be back to see how things go down. Good chance you may have the last laugh. I will start a new post with Fiskars in the title.

I will be out of town on business for a few days but should have the video ready for you within a week.

See Ya all then!!!

Latest posts

Back