Splitter Auto-Stop doesn't work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phatsupratt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just changed my hydraulic oil/filter in my Speeco 22 ton with transmission oil - couldn't find the recommended hydraulic oil so I went with the alternative.

Anyway, when the ram goes back the auto-stop doesn't work now. It just keeps bottoming out and I have to manually stop it. Is there an adjustment somewhere I'm missing?

Thanks,
Mark

Dirt may have gotten into the pilot cavity to the detent in the valve. The detent release work off of a adjustment that looks like your relief. i would back that all the way off and see if it works or will pass the dirt then readjust it. With out seeing the valve I would get a print to be sure you are getting the correct adjustment. CJ

The control valve used on Speeco splitters is a Energy brand style valve which has a factory setting that is not designed for owner adjustment. Prince style valves are owmer adjustable.

Thanks guys. If there is air in there, it'll work itself out, correct? I plan on giving it a workout tomorrow!

The control valve used on Speeco splitters is a Energy brand style valve which has a factory setting that is not designed for owner adjustment. Prince style valves are owmer adjustable.

Good to know, not a real big fan of energy, we use the product from time to time. But mostly stck to prince or Parker for the mono block valves. CJ

On my speeco 22 ton when the fluid gets hot [ie] thin ,my detent won't kick back either . I've been splitting in 90 plus weather, on the one cool morning we had it worked fine for about an hour or so ...Fluid might be to thin for your current temp. Termite

I had problems last year with mine not kicking out at the end of the return stroke. I pulled the end cap off the valve and put some grease on it. Worked fine ever since.

Mine used to have this problem after the fluid got hot after about an hour of splitting.At the same time also the fluid was getting aerated and spitting out the vent.And a noticeable loss of splitting power was happening also.After extensive checking I came to the determination the cylinder was the problem.Replaced the cylinder and its like a new splitter now.A fluid and filter change was one of the first things I tried but didn't work.

Latest posts

Back