Splitter for a bobcat?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl in ky

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the splitter that hooks on the front of a Bobcat skid steer? It looks like it works off the bucket controls and you place the splitter over the log split it then move over to the next one. Would be great for those rounds that you can't lift and have to quarter them before you can slit them. Just wondering about the cost?

Google "skid steer log splitter" and you will get all sorts of results. There was a video on here (earlier this year?) that showed one with a 6 or 8 way splitter. You may be able to find it with a search.

Sounds like what your talking about is "upside down skid skid model". We sell these in 20ton on e-bay for $1195 but off e-bay we can sell them for 100-200 less. And by the way the upside down model is the one we sell the most of. In general they cost a little more that POT models.

Had the timber cut here last year and I got all the butt cuts and whatever else that wasn't fit to sell. Last year I used the chain saw and ripped the wood because it was so big I couldn't get it on the splitter. So through this summer I cut the hitch off the splitter and welded 2 u shaped cuffs on the bottom of the beam so I could slide it over a fork on the front end loader on the tractor. I put the splitter on up sidedown and have the 2 hydraulic lines going to the back of the tractor to the remotes to operate the ram. I added a safety chain so the splitter won't slide off the fork. I operate the existing valve from the seat. I'm very pleased with it. It's a new learning curve but after a couple of hours I found what works for me and can move right along splitting. Once I get the large pieces open I also use the loader to move the last split over the pile and drop in the pile. It also comes in very handy for cutting up longer pieces with the chainsaw. I just grab the log from the side and move it to where I split which is beside the pile and saw those in 26 in. length. I call it my handicap splitter now. :laugh: I'll be 60 early next year and have a few health problems. This allows me to keep burning wood and hope for a long time.

I do see folks slowing down when they drive by to take a look. I'm sure some are shaking their heads. :laugh:

Back