Splitter issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jjramrod

jjramrod

ArboristSite Operative
Hydraulic pumps on log splitters are industry standard and are interchangeable between all splitter manufacturers.
Most of the pumps I looked at weren't the same shape or mount. mine is a steel pump with 2 mounting bolts that go through the pump on two corners. all the other ones I saw from all manufacturers had a 4 bolt mounting flange. I didn't want to have to drill new holes to use one of the easier to find pumps.

Sandhill Crane
I replaced the hydraulic pump on a twelve year old Built-Rite conveyor.
Did not know the size/Manufacturer/model number, so ordered a new pump through Built-Rite.
Newer aluminium body pump and two hole verses four, or the other way around. Had to find a new mount, as well as different type fitting adapters. Worked out good, but not a simple open the box swap that I had thought it would be.

jjramrod

jjramrod

ArboristSite Operative
I replaced the hydraulic pump on a twelve year old Built-Rite conveyor.
Did not know the size/Manufacturer/model number, so ordered a new pump through Built-Rite.
Newer aluminium body pump and two hole verses four, or the other way around. Had to find a new mount, as well as different type fitting adapters. Worked out good, but not a simple open the box swap that I had thought it would be.
That is exactly why I found the same pump for mine