Splitter Muffler Mod - Peace in the Valley!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking job! This different muffler doesn't cause any back pressure issues on the engine does it? I would love to redo mine, my splitter is home made, and when I mounted the engine, the exhaust ended up in a not so desirable place, I not only get the noise, but a little fumes also! This type of set up would do wonders for me. Now just hope I could get those exaust bolts out!!

This different muffler doesn't cause any back pressure issues on the engine does it?

I have not noticed any decline in the power of the engine - it still splits anything I throw at it and doesn't seem to labor in operation. The muffler I used was from a Quad that had a 250cc engine and probably made twice the horsepower of the engine on my splitter. I felt that if I had half the horsepower I probably had half the exhaust volume - so I was not concerned about this muffler making more back pressure. The replacement muffler is probably 3 times the size of the original muffler and I attribute a lot of the sound reduction to the interior volume and baffling in the larger muffler and not to any greater restriction. The engine doesn't seem to have noticed any changes.

Last edited:
Sounds like there shouldn't be any issues, I think I may try to do something along those lines to my splitter, which also has a Honda motor on it. Thanks for the idea!

Latest posts

Back