Splitter productivity?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblue12v

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone got a chart for splitter productivity! Lol. Too many variables. I have a 30-35 ton with crane I use to bust down trunk rounds and the 15 ton I built that's way faster just doesn't like knots. The one is a gazillion times faster than the other. To the point I probably get 3 times as much split in an hour using it. Anyhow, roughly how much wood can one person split using a pretty fast single wedge splitter? I pile mine I don't stack it so I have no clue how much I'm actually doing lol. Can't judge by my pile how much I've done either. Kinda like to see how I stack up against others. I feel like I am not getting enough done fast enough but at the same time don't really know what I can do to increase productivity with current equipment.

I split a half cord of mixed today in 45 minutes. Wood is 16" long and splits are on the smaller side, 4"-5" across at widest point.

About a rick/ hour roughly. If you are really humping you can beat that but, if you are sitting at a splitter all day 6-8 hours that's what is really going to average out to. Hard to keep up "Super pace" forever.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It felt like that's about where I was at, I guess I need to make a separate pile for an hour and stack it, I'm just not a stacker, I'm a slacker!! lol

A second set of hands is about the only thing I have found that speeds it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

A second set of hands is about the only thing I have found that speeds it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Yea I've only had that luxury like once. Well my girlfriend helps occasionally. Haven't really got her that involved in running the valve. She just grabs pieces and throws them for me. My 5 year old wants to pull the lever once in a while but he's not ready to be a actual useful helper.

Back