Sprocket Nose Constantly Clogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't cut much today and didn't fell anything, but I did crank the oiler wide open from about a middle setting and bucked a cord or so without a single nose jam. Seems weird to me that extra oil would make a big difference, the middle setting I had it on seemed to keep the bar and chain plenty cool and slick.

As long as I'm not down for maintenance clearing jams every 15 minutes I don't mind pouring more oil that's for dang sure!

I didn't cut much today and didn't fell anything, but I did crank the oiler wide open from about a middle setting and bucked a cord or so without a single nose jam. Seems weird to me that extra oil would make a big difference, the middle setting I had it on seemed to keep the bar and chain plenty cool and slick.

As long as I'm not down for maintenance clearing jams every 15 minutes I don't mind pouring more oil that's for dang sure!

Why would it surprise you, thats one of the functions of bar oil, to keep the bar clean. How much blipping did you add to your normal days throttling? Now you can find the "edge of wetness" where you're not using as much oil but not down cleaning jams either.

More oil does mean less heat in that chain... :)

Gary

How much blipping did you add to your normal days throttling? .

No blipping, I wanted to try one idea at a time. As long as more oil keeps me productive I'll just make my "ear candy" while I'm "dawg'd in"

That video was bad funny

Jerry, I did some blipping just to annoy you. Lol
John

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1mdryF46ro?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1mdryF46ro?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROFL!!
Keep that up and I'm gonna need to start wearing Depends.

Friggin' hillarious!

The blipping and grinin' while eyeballing the camera was classic!

Kinda like a Red Green episode without the sound track and duct tape!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back