Square filing videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
638-1070.jpg
Good stuff. The best thing about them is you've always got your raker file handy also. You can't possibly forget one of them. Haha. you got them both.

Great stuff, Thanks.

There is also some really good information on Madsen's Chainsaw website. Both filing instructions, and pics of teeth w/angles. IMHO, very helpful to get you started. I'm new at this, but the PFERD 3 square file seems to work well for me, it is more like using a round file. It is always important to keep the corner of the file in the corner of the tooth.

30° top plate or real close and its cutting into the straps a decent bit. It missed the straps on this one since the cutter is shorter. It was going in between if you can see it on the video.

10% slower:buttkick:

That's pretty much how I file work chains. There's nothing special about that chain. It's on a 7900 right now to be tested this evening. :chainsaw:

I do mine a little different,Only thing i do different is tighten the chain real tight on the bar to help keep the teeth from rocking ,and i file closer to the powerhead for less bar flex ,I also found if i do more passes like 4-5 with a lighter touch my file lasts me longer than 2-3 with more force in the swipe ,and i get less file chatter with light swipes

Is real hard to file while trying to video ,i may try to make a new one some time ,last one i tried one handed while holding the phone i was not happy with how the teeth chattered while sharpening

I do mine a little different,Only thing i do different is tighten the chain real tight on the bar to help keep the teeth from rocking ,and i file closer to the powerhead for less bar flex ,I also found if i do more passes like 4-5 with a lighter touch my file lasts me longer than 2-3 with more force in the swipe ,and i get less file chatter with light swipes

Is real hard to file while trying to video ,i may try to make a new one some time ,last one i tried one handed while holding the phone i was not happy with how the teeth chattered while sharpening

It's real hard to video and file at the same time. I wasn't having much luck. That first filing of a tooth just sucks and is when you chip files. I have 3 files I'm rotating through right now. I'm almost out of the save edge and have 5 bahco left.

Back