Square filing videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the 'advantage' of the 4 sided chisel file is that you can file each edge separately, and get some angles that are different from those when you make contact with both edges at the same time.

Kind of like taping a drywall corner. Some guys use a square corner trowel, and tape both corners at the same time. Some guys use a flat trowel and tape each side separately.

Philbert

Just out of curiosity, is the any way to utilize a file n' joint in square sharpening, and if so what kind of file would you use?

Just out of curiosity, is the any way to utilize a file n' joint in square sharpening, and if so what kind of file would you use?
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/granberg-chisel-bit-file-n-joint.62604/
This is an interesting thread. If I only had more free time I would do my best to come up with something to file square chisel in a file holder/guide.
Rumor has it a there is going to be a file guide/holder on the market soon for square chisel.... im curious to see what surfaces.

Pretty smooth cutting chain.

za8upu7e.jpg

I tried doing that in a video and it would never focus on them. Your video is private. I replied and had it open in another window.
it shows on my end ,I thought i clicked public ,my phone started a new account for some reason ,had issues uploading it this morning also ,is it still not showing ?

it shows on my end ,I thought i clicked public ,my phone started a new account for some reason ,had issues uploading it this morning also ,is it still not showing ?
I've had some minor issues with the tube recently but worked the out. Google [emoji30]

Yep. You will need one with the triangular end pieces. Use a 1/4 inch square file from Harbor Freight to open up the top of the end piece until a double bevel file fits into it. Or some of the old Nygran File-n-Joints on ebay came with factory grooves for the double bevel file. I spent part of yesterday evening retouching my square filed .325 chain with one of these. The Granberg G104A or its equivalent works really well for this application.

Back