Started the saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped drinkin' cold turkey once... for 17 years.
Stopped when I was 25 and didn't take it back-up until I was sure I was clear of narcotics.
I guess I was a heavy drinker back then also, but I was "complimenting" it with narcotics at the time (came of age during the '70's ya' know).

You have the guts Harry. Any man that can quit smoking cold turkey, an addiction more powerful than heroin, can conquer anything. I've been smoking since 1966 and you are a better man than I am.

You have the guts Harry. Any man that can quit smoking cold turkey, an addiction more powerful than heroin, can conquer anything. I've been smoking since 1966 and you are a better man than I am.
Ain't that the truth though.
I can't count how many times I've "quit" smoking... and once again I'm determined‼

Post #21: Then you know your swimming in a rip tide... with a fifty year old body. Good luck guy.
A rip tide?? Maybe... but then again, maybe I cleared the rip tide (shrug)
I spent near a decade stickin' a spike in my arm... quit, and never went back.

Life hands-out a bunch of curves... ya' just gotta' keep leanin' harder into em if ya' wanna stay on the road.
I don't regret anything... without my past, I wouldn't be who I am... I'd be someone else.

I quit drinking about 15 years ago.
I'm 45 an feel better now than I can ever remember.
I exercise regularly and like to chop wood etc.
I don't have it like I did 10 years ago but still think I'm doing ok.
When I quit I was pretty bad shape I didn't even want to walk around the block.
Now I can run 3 mi.
We're here for ya.
Just do it.
Chad

Back