Starting to put my 925 back together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some more progress pics

I have had time to work on this a bit. I have most of the rest of the parts hoping to have the majority done this weekend.

CIMG0286.jpg

CIMG0291.jpg
CIMG0293.jpg

CIMG0289.jpg

CIMG0287.jpg

thats a lot of machine.

It is a AMD 1090t Phenom II x6 O/C stable at 3.64 2gigs of ddr3 O/C 1600mhz it has 2 64 gig SSD drives in RAID0 for the OS 2 500gig WD caviar black 7200rpm HDs for storage. 2 4870 1 gig DDR 5 video cards. The NB clock runs about 2700mhz that is correct no typo there via Everest It bench marked with 3d mark at 20500 :eek: I would like to get 2 5970x2 cards when the price comes down a touch.

you must spend way too much time in front of the monitor.I used to build them but realized i was inside too much so i started buying laptops and went back outside.

I am sure it will run but I do not think I am going to run it. I am really considering selling it it is far to nice for me to run. And I do not want to get fuel in the lines just to let it sit.

Hey, that thing looks awsome but now you need to finish that top cover, paint the Homelite and stripes on it! The proper screws in the recoil cover wouldnt hurt either.

Know that I'm just busting your chops a little. You really did a nice job on a great saw! :clap:

Painting that top cover is a real PITA but I think its worth it.
Here is my SEZ that I done.

attachment.php

Do you mind telling how much you have invested in it? You don't have to, just curious as I tried to sell my excellent shape 925 and I guess I value it more then most others as it wouldnt bring my price.

Hey, that thing looks awsome but now you need to finish that top cover, paint the Homelite and stripes on it! The proper screws in the recoil cover wouldnt hurt either.

Know that I'm just busting your chops a little. You really did a nice job on a great saw! :clap:

Painting that top cover is a real PITA but I think its worth it.
Here is my SEZ that I done.

attachment.php

Do you mind telling how much you have invested in it? You don't have to, just curious as I tried to sell my excellent shape 925 and I guess I value it more then most others as it wouldnt bring my price.

Funny You should say that I have the OE screws still and will put them in. Were the stripes and homelite white on the Xl-925 form the factory I will paint them if I know what they were originally?

That is absolutely magnificent. Took my breath away. I couldn't help but run it. It wouldn't be one of my firewood workhorses................but it would get execised from time to time, and would MOST DEFINITELY see duty at GTG's. :cheers:

I want it, but couldn't afford to pay you what it's worth. Already agonized over that fact when I saw Mark's 925 ad last week...:cry:

You used all OEM external bits right (meaning you didn't have to paint anything)? I was gonna ask you what paint you used, since it looks more OEM than most repaints I've seen. Then I realized that you probably didn't use paint at all.............and that's why it looks so OEM...

Mark's Super E-Z Auto looks great too. Another saw I want...

Last edited:
Fix the major issues that I had LOL any other advice?

CIMG0512.jpg

CIMG0516.jpg

CIMG0517.jpg

Hey Bill,

Take some shots of that sweet 925 with a big bar on it and post them in the "chainsaw beauty contest" thread to shut up all them plastic-fantastic saw fans. Show them what a REALLY SEXY saw looks like. If you end up deciding to sell it (preferably not for a few months) then shoot me a PM. That saw is pulling at my heartstrings...:givebeer:

The saw is currently listed on craigslist I would really like to sell it to someone that a knows the value and b collects saws I will never run it and think it should be more of a show piece. Had a lot of fun building it.

Hey Bill,

Take some shots of that sweet 925 with a big bar on it and post them in the "chainsaw beauty contest" thread to shut up all them plastic-fantastic saw fans. Show them what a REALLY SEXY saw looks like. If you end up deciding to sell it (preferably not for a few months) then shoot me a PM. That saw is pulling at my heartstrings...:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back