Starting Up the Mistbed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gumneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Starting it later than I wanted to but hope to get some black cherry to root. Anyone ever root Black Cherry via misting? How about Japanese Red Maple?

I intend to try it anyway.

Muscadines are what I mainly do. You can see the cherry I started tonight. I left two leaves as I normally do with Muscadines or other plants I've had luck with. Didn't use any root tone. Plan to mist for about seven seconds every 6-8 minutes. I'll fine tune the off times as the days go by.

As always, feel free to let the advice fly my way.

Tom

Ok, spring update on the misting propagation method for black cherry trees.

I have one that is growing well out of about 10 sticks that I tried. I may have more that eventually bud out but right now there is only one that is growing well(about 12 inches).

This thread put the idea to my head. We are planning to build one now. Where did you get the mist setup. The table I got down and the gf wants to use a more attractive color pvc:dizzy: . How about covering it what do you got on that and for what reason? We are propogating some rhodo's. I hear they're easy and a good plant to start with.

Latest posts

Back