Stepping up from the 60cc class

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 390 is more saw no doubt.it depends what you are doing with it i guess.if you're not gonna run any more than a 24" bar i'd get the 372,then the 460.i wouldn't buy a 390 just to run a 24".

prices are weird lately.i'd shop around if you have that option.

i was missing my 357 so i went to my guy.i told him to price me a 357 and a 361.the husky was 639 and the stihl is 569.both with an 18" bar.another 40 for that new tool less chain adjuster on the stihl.i think i'll pass if it's gonna be anything like their fuel and oil caps.

looks like i may be getting a 361 after all.

569 is great for a 361. Here they go for 659!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if you're down to the 390 and 460, remember that the 390 does have an outboard clutch. Some say it's a hinderance changing chains and/or sprockets. Others say it's no big deal. Since you already have the 357XP (with an outboard clutch) though, I'm guessing you're OK with either design.

Between the 2, I'd pick the 7900...er....I mean the 390XP.

Well, if you're down to the 390 and 460, remember that the 390 does have an outboard clutch. Some say it's a hinderance changing chains and/or sprockets. Others say it's no big deal. Since you already have the 357XP (with an outboard clutch) though, I'm guessing you're OK with either design.

Between the 2, I'd pick the 7900...er....I mean the 390XP.

The 390xp has an inboard clutch.

.... i was missing my 357 so i went to my guy.i told him to price me a 357 and a 361.the husky was 639 and the stihl is 569.both with an 18" bar.another 40 for that new tool less chain adjuster on the stihl.i think i'll pass if it's gonna be anything like their fuel and oil caps.

looks like i may be getting a 361 after all.

That's cool - the 361 is the 60cc Husky that Husky forgot to make! :rockn: :rockn:

Last edited:
I've got a Univent 390XP.....It's a high quality saw and pulls a 24" B+C in hardwood with a smile.I think I'm gonna bolt on a 16" B+C just for kicks....bring on the 660's:biggrinbounce2:

That is not correct - both the 371-family and the 385-family have inboard clutches........:)

And the 575 which everone has written off as a pos because the initial design sucked, but the 08 models are nothing but impressive and lighter than the factory specs say.

Latest posts

Back