Stihl 010AV ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman7668

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a question, checked the search function, but it didn't help much. A buddy of mine gave me an 010. Been in his attic for 10 years, stored dry in a case. Told me give him what I think it is worth. I know nothing about the saw. I pulled the rope, seems to have a ton of compression, he said it ran great when he stored it. The wife wants to "help" me limb/cut firewood this year. I thought this might be good for her. Can you tell me about this saw, IE: how many c.c. was it a good saw etc? Thanks for any replies. PS. I am not looking for better suggestions on saws, just some info on this one. Thanks again, John:

The 010 is 37cc's. Never had one, but I have an 011 and its been nothing but good to me. Should be great for a little limbing saw. As for what its worth, probably not a whole lot.

Non running 010 is probably $0-$40 depending on condition. If it has been sitting, plan on fuel and oil lines, plus a carb kit. Those saws are rare to find with the grommet for the carb screws, so plan on that as well. If it has the old style reed plate, it may be warped and need replaced. If the tag does not say "electronic" on it somewhere, you'll need to pull the flywheel and check/clean/adjust the points. Overall, not bad running saws and drillions of them around for parts.

Thanks guys, I fueled it up, put some gas in carb and it fired up. Seemed to run good. It was leaking some fuel at the cap seal, but it should be salvageable.

Back