Stihl 011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at the IPL a minute ago and it looked like the wire was listed separately. I assume this is just a regular spark plug wire and I think I have several new ones out in the garage. I'll try to fit one up tomorrow.

I wont lie, I dont know... I went to my local dealer and bought a piece of wire and reused the end...

I tried a regular spark plug wire, it was too thick to snake around the motor. I guess I'll have to pony up some more money and order one from my Stihl dealer. I don't think I want a used one on it.

I think it was like $3 at my dealer... but they cut it from a real... and he couldnt remember a price on it... I tried for $0.50 a foot... I think he did either $1.5 a food...

I think it was like $3 at my dealer... but they cut it from a real... and he couldnt remember a price on it... I tried for $0.50 a foot... I think he did either $1.5 a food...
Our "good" Stihl dealer retired and got rid of all his merchandise so the closest dealer now is our John Deere dealer and he's new at it and still doesn't have many parts. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any on a reel but I'll ask. Probably won't mess with it today; I have 2 lawnmowers not running and I need to get working on them today.

I put the Stihl on the shelf for a week or so because I did everything I knew to do and still it wouldn't run. I put the new spark plug wire on it and was so discouraged that I didn't even try to start the saw because I figured it still wouldn't start and I'd be more discouraged, so I worked on several other saws and got them all running. I went back to re-visit the Stihl today and poured a small amount of gas in the carburetor, pulled the rope and she fired and ran for a few minutes! So I put some fuel in the tank, primed it again and then she ran! It really sounded good and I didn't even have to adjust the carb. It idles great. I'm gonna check the chain oiler because it didn't seem to oil the chain all that great but I didn't run it that long. I want to thank you for seeing me through this...I guess the two things it needed were the reed plate and the spark plug wire. I tried to give you guys another star but the site said I had already given you one and that was my limit. Thank you very much for your help, bartlanz and Redunshee, I really appreciate it.

Great news. Good to see you got it going. Sometimes its only a small item causing the problem but it takes time to find it. I really liked my 011 but sold it because I had a couple saws of similar size.

Great news. Good to see you got it going. Sometimes its only a small item causing the problem but it takes time to find it. I really liked my 011 but sold it because I had a couple saws of similar size.

I have several saws this size also. I'm not sure why I bought this one, it was there and cheaper than most Stihls. I still only have about $55 in the saw, so I'm not hurt too much.

Depending on how much you picked it up for, an 011 in good shape can for a little over $100. At least that's what I've seen.
Bob

I paid $40 for it. Bought the plate for $13.95+sales tax. The spark plug wire was given to me by the local mower shop, fuel lines were cheap, so I'm ok on this one. I'll probably use it for awhile then maybe in winter sell or trade it.

Latest posts

Back