stihl 012 no oil on chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluefox

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello guys!!
what could be wrong? I dont get any oil when the machine runs. I have checked the filter in the oil reservoir, i have blown into the tubes.... nothing.
I also couldn't figure out how the oil pump precisely works. Any help is really appreciated.
cheers, I am going to grab one...

Franky

pump

This is a diaphragm pump that works off the crankcase pressure and vacuum.
Take the pump out of the saw, 3 screws below bar mount. Pull the diaphragm out and replace it. Replace the pump filter , and any gaskets found there.
Make sure the pump will pass ait one way and not the other. There is a ball and spring inside the pump housing. Crck the hose from the pump the the outlet at the bar mount. If you blew high pressure air through it, you may have blown it off the end of the pump.
Clean everything up, lube the plunger, and reassemble.
The owner's manual tells you to clean the pump occasionally. Never cared for them, but do pump oil quite well when repaired.

Thanks for the quick reply. It all looks a lot clearer to me now. I heard a rumour that parts of a 012 may have come unavailable.. I'll have to check.
Maybe a membrane like you mentioned is also mounted on other models??

Latest posts

Back