Stihl 026/260 Gasket thickness, why two sizes??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthepunk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why Stihl have two thicknesses of head gasket for the 026/260 in there spares list? Are there different set ups for older/newer machines? I have a feeling I have put the wrong one in my 026! I used a 1mm before I knew they did a 0.5mm version.

Thanks for any feedback!

Regards,
Paul.

Can anyone tell me why Stihl have two thicknesses of head gasket for the 026/260 in there spares list? Are there different set ups for older/newer machines? I have a feeling I have put the wrong one in my 026! I used a 1mm before I knew they did a 0.5mm version.

Thanks for any feedback!

Regards,
Paul.

The only thing I know is that there were two different bore sizes of 026's. I am going to assume that is the difference. Again I said assume.

Thanks for any feedback!

Regards,
Paul.

The 1mm gasket is the "bad gas" option created for areas that only have low octane fuel. The .5mm gasket is the standard one.

Well in that case....

.....0.5mm gasket is already winging its way to mine. I thought the 026 seemed lacking compression when I pulled her over! On the plus side of this story, I now have a lovely rebuilt 026 thats just had a gentle low compression running in, great! :clap:

Thanks all,
Regards,
Paul.

This is where you can by Bad gas in Europe.
Poland.jpg

Latest posts

Back