stihl 028 AV super woodboss specs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iCreek

iCreek

ArboristSite Guru
I got one of the 028 AV Supers also. Let me know if you need the manual, I have one in PDF format.

Does yours seem a little heavy? They are built solid as a tank, and suppose to be a very reliable saw. I just put a 18" bar on mine the other day. Depending on the chain tensioner, if external between the bar nuts like current saws, they are worth alot more, I think they made those the last two years. Like to hear what others think about the 028 Wood Boss and AV Super.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bowtie

Bowtie

Gearhead
Like to hear what others think about the 028 Wood Boss and AV Super.

Very solid reliable small saw.I have a real nice 028 Super, and a project 028 Super I am currently building. I also have had a few 028 WBs. I dont find them heavy at all, and my Super responded very well to the mods I did to it.

dieselscout80

dieselscout80

ArboristSite Member
Very solid reliable small saw.I have a real nice 028 Super, and a project 028 Super I am currently building. I also have had a few 028 WBs. I dont find them heavy at all, and my Super responded very well to the mods I did to it.

Do you know for sure that the Super Cylinder fits on the standard 028?

Farley9n

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Here's The Ports.....Stock

I got one with a bad piston from a local shop and have now a piston & rings on the way from Bailey's. Here are a few pictures of the stock for now porting. The intake seems very restrictive and has a tiny boot but the rest of the ports look good.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I should have it together and running by Aug.......:)......Bob

blackoak

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
:biggrinbounce2: I guess that .1 hp makes it a clearly different breed .

PHP:
MS280 is a different animal

I understand the stroke and Bore could be wildly different as well as any crank variations and porting differences as well, but that wasn't what the o/p was requesting. :biggrinbounce2:
About the only thing an 028S and an MS 280 have in common are they are both orange, and white and the both say Stihl and use a chain to cut with. That's about it.

Latest posts