Stihl 036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Older 034's have a non adjustable pump and no adjuster hole in the crankcase

Older 034's have a non adjustable pump and no adjuster hole in the crankcase

Think it should be the older one as I don't see the adjuster hole.

Crank bearing is seated correctly.

Probably right about the chainsaw shops, didn't impress much.

I ll try an 034 non ajustable pump and go from there

Thanks

Think it should be the older one as I don't see the adjuster hole.

Crank bearing is seated correctly.

Probably right about the chainsaw shops, didn't impress much.

I ll try an 034 non ajustable pump and go from there

Thanks
034 pump fitted to the 036 perfectly

Thanks

Can you post a pic of the pump you need? I most likely have a good used one. I have a bunch of 034/036 parts.
I know your in Ireland... if I have one, it's yours.

Hi, I bought a Stihl 036 on ebay, it was cheap but didn't have an oil pump, clutch etc. I am in Ireland and have had it in a few chainsaw shops but when they order a 036 oil pump it does not fit. Is there any number on the saw that I can use to make sure it is an 036

Thanks

In what way does it not fit?

No, looking back, the older versions of oil pumps were replaced by the newer ones, I am just wanting to see a pic of the oil pump he has with
the crankcase in the pic too.

That would probably speed things up a bit. Plus post the part number of the pump he has.

The early 034's had a non adjustable pump. The crankcase is different and has no adjuster hole. The adjustable pump will not fit these cases w/o grinding. Kinda like 026 cases without the adjuster hole.

The early 034's had a non adjustable pump. The crankcase is different and has no adjuster hole. The adjustable pump will not fit these cases w/o grinding. Kinda like 026 cases without the adjuster hole.

Yes, the mediacat shows a third oil pump chassis with no part number and no explanation, Stihl has done that crap before.....

Would the new adjustable pump work if you took a Dremel tool or something and notched the crankcase for the adjuster screw to fit in, just leave it wide open I suppose. ?

Yeah it would but didn't want to do that.

Back