Stihl 036Pro Retail Price ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdzimmermann

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, yesterday I finally broke down and bought a Stihl 036 Pro for $499 + tax (w/20" bar) from my local Stihl dealer. I will use it mostly to cut firewood, and 'keep my old Poulan 2500 for the small stuff/trimming. Any idea if I paid the right price ? I think I got the best deal in this area (central OH). More importantly, I trust the dealer for future maintenance/advice.

If you looked around and think you got a good price then that is the best you can do. Stihl will not sell online. The only thing that might have been cheaper is Madsen's, I know they sell Huskies on line but I do not know about Stihls. $499 Sounds about right for a Stihl, but for $50 more you could have had a 372XP! Had to get that in. Good luck with your new saw I am sure it will be great

agree completely - the 036 is a really good saw im sure - but stihls do make their power cost more. whatever rocks your boat is whats important.

About 12 years ago, I bought an 038Magnum with 27" bar. Adding in a few items like bar oil, 2 cycle oil, etc. I think I wrote a check for just over $600. The saw must have been in the low 5's. With 12 years inflation and your saw is only 1 or 2 sizes down, I'd say you got a fair price. I'd have to call my local dealer and see what he's getting for that saw to be any more accurate.

Thanks everyone for your input. Unfortunately, I will not be able to use the saw until Sunday. I have an old red elm laying on the ground that needs to be cut into firewood for this winter. Should be fun ...

Wow, I wonder why its different state to state. Dealers will mark them up accordingly. Do you buy from a independent distributor, a Stihl Inc. distributor, or direct from Virginia Beach? Up here its a Stihl Inc. distributor. I was in to see my friend the other day and I am pretty sure of the price out here. They sell all stihls at retail out here up until you get to the 044. Then you start to get breaks a lot of the time.

Stihl inc. out hear. for last couple of yrs. proubly last 5 yrs. Now the 036 pro QS lists at a little above $500.00 .Same saw just a fancy chain break.

im going to post what i posted on the ********* - the choice was really over the 026 stihl and 55 (and others) so here is - the point remains...
:

OK guys I cant help myself:
1. if we are in the 026 range of $ ($399) which is $75 more than the 55 rancher:
- remember that stihl does not allow its distributors to sell over the internet or mail order - you go pick it up, which means you pay SALES TAX on $400 (sales tax is 8.125% where I am). This comes to $32.50.
- from alamia.com I can buy a husky 261 with 16, 18, or a 20" bar for $425 THIS IS A DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR PRICE - cheaper than stihl 026.

is this making sense to you guys:

026 3.5hp 49cc 16" 13500rpm 10.6lb ~$399+tax=$431.50
261 4.2hp 61cc 16",18",20" 13lb ~$425 delivered

I think i can figure which cuts quicker...
I could not find the rpms for the 261 but madsens says its a mid range saws. I do know that husky makes generally higher revving saws than stihl - so i would love to know where bobby canada got his rpm figures from - they dont publish them at their website or in their brochure...it just depends on how much money you have to spend - but thanks to stihls idiotic retail policy you will always be able to get husky quality and more horsepower at a cheaper price than stihl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, what a difference over my old Poulan 2500. The 036 Pro is a dream to use. I cut up an old red elm log (30"+ dia) in no time, wood chips were flying fast and furious ....:blob2:

Latest posts

Back