Stihl 044/440 exhaust?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big chips I make with my square file chain tap out real easy .... just jokin with you guys!

Really, I've never had any trouble tapping them out, and I've never found any fines getting past it. Maybe we just cut different stuff.

Mike, did you saying you get Max Flows for less than HD-2s??? Where???

I thought HD2 was a pretty good filter when I was firewood cutting. ;)
Then I cut ONE stump and I couldnt believe what that HD2 filter looked like, the carb inlet was coated with a very fine dust :confused:
I threw on the MaxFlow, and even with the BelRay super sticky air filter oil all over the maxflow it doesnt clog up nearly as bad as that HD2

Just my opinion, but the origional HD filter with the elastic pre-filter worked better keeping the carb inlet clean, and its easier to brush off to clean.
You know belray is junk now right?

The big chips I make with my square file chain tap out real easy .... just jokin with you guys!

Really, I've never had any trouble tapping them out, and I've never found any fines getting past it. Maybe we just cut different stuff.

Mike, did you saying you get Max Flows for less than HD-2s??? Where???

Mike ive made some roundies rip some chips too , HD2s blow when you cut in dusty conditions .. i think they do their job well they just pack up too quick..i dont care how ugly max flows are , they work.

Madsens is where I got mine I think. Hls does too. If it was $100 for the kit I'd probably run something else. At that price is still a good deal. I carry an extra oiled filter in a zip lock baggy to swap to if it gets too dirty.

Back