Stihl .050 AV cracked crankcase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayor

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have an older .050 AV stihl that I'd like too get back together...trouble is...the crankcase has several small cracks in it.....was this common too this saw?...it ran when I took it apart. If anybody knows where I can get a case...I'm in need. I posted it in the wanted section too. [email protected] or (304)208-0672 (Tony)
This thing must have a 32" bar that is brand new with a new chain.....it ran good but was either getting gas in the oil or points or something...been a while since I took it apart and cant remember the problem.

I have an older .050 AV stihl that I'd like too get back together...trouble is...the crankcase has several small cracks in it.....was this common too this saw?...it ran when I took it apart. If anybody knows where I can get a case...I'm in need. I posted it in the wanted section too. [email protected] or (304)208-0672 (Tony)
This thing must have a 32" bar that is brand new with a new chain.....it ran good but was either getting gas in the oil or points or something...been a while since I took it apart and cant remember the problem.

Are you sure it's not just the paint cracked?

Don't take this as 100% true.
But I think the 051, 075 and 076 cases will work.
050, 051 have cylinder screws 075, 076 use
cylinder studs. At some time their was a crank shaft
change. You can do a search here or someone else will
come along and set us both straight:)

Is the crack through the crankcase or just the flanges that hold, for example, the recoil cover? Stop drill them, degrease , jb-weld with a stainless mesh scafolding makes a great fix.

Back