Stihl 056AV for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think thats a little pricey. The bar looks like it is near the end of it's life. I would want to pull the muffler and check out the piston before I bought any used saw for that price. If your looking for an 056 get the magII.

Last edited:
The bar looks like it is near the end of it's life.

It is hard to tell the condition of the bar by the pictures. The fact that you can still read "Stihl" on the bar would tell me that the bar has had little to moderate use. A new bar can look like that after a few days of cutting wood. It is hard to see any discoloration on the bar from overheating. The fact that the seller claims that it has new electronic ignition is a big plus for this model saw. It looks as if the original plastic is still on the front handle (ask seller if it is or if it is painted). The plastic will split and peel off with use over time. It looks in good shape to me for its age. The price is in line with the closed ebay auctions but It never hurts to offer less. A new saw this size would run you $1000 + with bar, chain, and shipping, just something to think about.

Latest posts

Back