Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow the hostility! You mean something like this?
gu3avygy.jpg
Oh sh!t...called me right out!!!! Hahaha I will quietly watch from the corner for the remainder of your build
Damn I like the way to grown men have a battle over each others threads !

And I thought watching 2 women fight was fun this is better !

only kidding

its the battle of the find to get the parts you need from all the places you can gather them from

im hoping we can do a video with dans stock saw and compare it to mine Masterminded 064 Beast !

now that will bring out the Chests a little bit !
yea Dan definitely kicked my arse in the battle to find the good parts that's for sure. Something about those metal tags...I think they make the saw cut faster

Oh sh!t...called me right out!!!! Hahaha I will quietly watch from the corner for the remainder of your build

yea Dan definitely kicked my arse in the battle to find the good parts that's for sure. Something about those metal tags...I think they make the saw cut faster
Please don't! :cool:

So Is it running yet?:bowdown:[/QUOTE]

No its not running yet! Ill have the thread caught up to where im at by tomorrow evening. Im taking my time on this build so I do everything right the first time. My saw has a date with Mastermind on August 25th so I have time. Ill get it all together and run a couple tanks through it racing Mike and hopefully I can get a nice log to my house so I can do some timed cuts before and after it gets ported!

Bead blasting then in the ultra sonic cleaner tank

I dont think it would be wise to not paint or powdered , bare the metal feels flimsy

When powdered they feel more rigid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike, isn't there a clear powder option? Just thinking out loud.

What sonic tank do you have?

Mike, isn't there a clear powder option? Just thinking out loud.

What sonic tank do you have?

yes there s a clear powder just never tried it on parts usually you base coat fire for 5 then clear coat then refire for 10 to cure the base with the clear so they bond together

I cleaned that cyl , crank with piston still on then took apart and oil the hell out of it still hot up in the HF US with mean green it does a great job

I got a bigger one now !

Latest posts

Back