Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get that pump too hot Dan.

Heat the case half real good.......stick the pump on and drop the bearing. Work quick, and don't be afraid to tap the bearing a little if needed.

Get everything together beforehand.....hammer, bearing driver, etc......

Don't get that pump too hot Dan.

Heat the case half real good.......stick the pump on and drop the bearing. Work quick, and don't be afraid to tap the bearing a little if needed.

Get everything together beforehand.....hammer, bearing driver, etc......

Randy should Dan take Pump apart and not have any rubber or o rings in it to keep heat off it ?

Sweet thread! Makes me want to do the same to my ragged-looking 088.
Awww come on mam as long as she still pulls keep her like she is! My old 064 looks like hell people are impressed when they see it in the cut. Except when I sharpen by hand and she binds up mid cut h ahhaha. I should have stopped after the first drink good night all.!

Oil pump in and ready to get heated up and bearings. Working 12's right now so maybe one evening this week or will have to wait till next weekend.
hureze8a.jpg
I heated mine with the pump installed oops!! Just pulled the plastic piece off the end...have fun installing that oil line!!!! My metal tag top will sho look nice on your saw

Back