Stihl 066 or 088?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don,

Are you serious ? You bought multiple 066's with 32" bars for under $600. If you are serious give me the address to send payment to. I can take several. I have a couple guys that are bugging me about 066's. I have tried to sell one of them a new 088 but he just doe not think he wants to spend the money. I am serious about it if you are.

Bill

I will ask the guy I know

He is up in Canada and stops by shops buying "excess" inventory.

I agree with Rich it sounds like you should get yourself a nice new 385XP they are a excellent saw I have one that I use everyday with a 32" bar and chain and it has plenty of power and torque to pull it without bogging down at all,and these saws also take mods very well..

Later Rob..

sorry Rob but your 385xp just can't compare to my 066G:D i like the 066 for the "big stuff" it has plenty of power to musle its way through:D but then what do i know:rolleyes:

I got 3 in the box, never used, brandnew, this years model. c/w 20" bar and chain, plus 25' roll of chain, tool kit, and shop, owners and service manuals. It doesn't get any better than this at 1050 delivered U.S. funds.
John Lambert
905 702 8357

Did someone say light weight? husky?? Any husky with any power that I've ever run was a lot heavier than the sthil I should have been running.

Hey Rich, I'm no expert but, from what I've read on this site, the 066 seems to be a superior saw. Actually it's been mentioned as being one of the best stock saws available.

Jeff

Originally posted by YUKON 659
Hey Rich, I'm no expert but, from what I've read on this site, the 066 seems to be a superior saw. Actually it's been mentioned as being one of the best stock saws available.

Jeff

I own an 066. I have to agree that it one he!! of a saw. I have been hearing alot of good things about the 385 as well. I just haven't had the pleasure of running one.

stihl 066

Hello Rich,
Both saws are great saws, stock they are close but if its a late model stihl you need to open up the muffler on the 066. I sent john lambert a 385 and a 066, both heavily modified and he swears the 385 is just a bit faster. Here is a picture of a old 394 I bought at a garage sale thar will beat both of them.
ken

Hi Ken, I'm not seeing the saw, I am looking at the timber in the background. Is it mostly pine? Any hardwoods in there? Got any timber you want to sell?
Lil Leroy

I have a 385 and have run my friends 066 Mag quite a bit before I made my decision to buy the 385 and I would have to say that Ken is right about them being very close but I think the 385XP does have the edge on the 066.I don't know about modded saw I have'nt got my PP385XP back yet and I have never run a mod 066 Mag before???

Hey Leroy your right there's alot of Pines out back at KD's....I like Pines...

Later Rob..

Hey Ken, I bet you got a "screaming" deal on that 394....looks like the homeowner was trying to repair it.....mis-placed a few parts like the cover and the muffler so he decided to sell it. Good thing he had that old dirt bike muffler lying around :eek:

Jeff

Double-ender

Hello Dennis G.,
Nice picture, nice bar, nice 2100, plus that lady made some good expansion chambers. Let me know what you need for the 2100, the pipes and thecannon bar, i'll take them off your hands
Ken
[email protected]
530-589-2744

stock 394 husky

hello jeff
That is a fine running 394, We dont have a class for under 6 cubes with a pipe but a racing buddy, Jon Rupley(saw racr) called me last year and told me he had just bought a 2100 husky with a alcohol carb, removable cylinder head and a expansion chamber and he would come up and blow my 394 away. Well I didn't want to be embarrassed to bad so I fitted a old cr-80 motorcycle pipe to the 394. the center section of the pipe was 2 inches too long according to the pipe formula but i was in a hurry so i tried it. holy cow batman, this saw was fast. as fast as my 084 stihl with a pipe. Anyway jon came up and we ran both saws, it was close, jon has good saws .Jon calls that chamber the cow's belly pipe. It just about cut the cutting time over the muffled version of the 394 in half
ken

Latest posts

Back