Stihl 07-s cleaning advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrem20

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I need some advice on a saw I just aquired.
I would like to clean off the oxydation and grime on the muffler and dawgs. I don't want to repaint it since it is good shape with only some wear on the handles. Also what is the button on the top of the handle for?
Thanks for the advice in advance

stihl 07-s

It was from a guy selling of his fathers garage items. It was on CL in Graham. I gave $150.00 for it.

That's a fine example of one of my favorite saws. They are so unique. Yours is in super condition. I agree entirely, no way would I paint that saw. Like JJ said, a wire brush wheel on a grinder would work great. Muratic acid also works great on steel parts. Do NOT breathe the fumes! The button on top the handle is the kill switch. It's a momentary switch. I wish they still had kill switches like that. Very convenient and handy.

stihl 07

Thanks Brian
I read all the back threads of your repaint and rebuild before buying the saw so I would know what I was getting into if I had to repair it, the only thing I can find wrong is the air vent is missing but I have the screw so I think a 5mm fuel line should fix that. Hopefuly then it will run and I can drain the fluids and admire it.

I REALLY like that saw!! Those old Stihls are classics!! I took my old S-10 in the woods last week and sliced-up a big red oak. It cut just as good as any new one out there, and maybe better. :)

Latest posts

Back