STIHL 193t vs Husky 435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't make a difference if you bought Ultra or not. Top handle saws are warrantied for 3 months regardless who buys it. Shouldn't have to worry about major defects, but if you get one past 3 months, it'd be interesting to see how they handle it out of their pocket.

here's a link to the stihl limited warranty:

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMSFileLibrary/downloads/Limited-Warranty-Policy-2014.pdf

could you review it and show me where there is an exception for "Top handle saws are warrantied for 3 months regardless who buys it?" Not that I put much value on warranties, and my eyes are shot, but I don't see anything about top handle saws mentioned.

I have the 14 in bar and .043 chain and I will not be changing mine. I am really happy with the bar and chain combo that came with it. I think it works well

I would just run her and get her broke in.

here's a link to the stihl limited warranty:

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMSFileLibrary/downloads/Limited-Warranty-Policy-2014.pdf

could you review it and show me where there is an exception for "Top handle saws are warrantied for 3 months regardless who buys it?" Not that I put much value on warranties, and my eyes are shot, but I don't see anything about top handle saws mentioned.

The 2015 policy shows 3 months for professional users and a blank for home owners. This means home owners get the default 3 month professional warranty. They put a blank there because they don't want home owners buying top handles or cutquik saws. But if they were to, they're subject to the same warranty as a pro user.

Edit: I got tired of waiting for the 201T-C here and have some reservations about the T540 so I put the money down and should have a new MS 201T by Saturday... Pics to follow.

if I needed a top handle to make money with it would definitely be the 201t.....but for the money the 355t echo looks good @ $349 from Home Cheapo that is if I needed more saw than the 193t

if I needed a top handle to make money with it would definitely be the 201t.....but for the money the 355t echo looks good @ $349 from Home Cheapo that is if I needed more saw than the 193t

you're living in the past. hd is sold out and i can't find a 355t for under $455. they're probably better saws than the 201's in every way except climber's fantasies.

looks like you are right......, at least until last week they still had 16" 355t's, they are now sold out of both 14" and 16", but it says that price is good until the end of Nov. so if you order one now, you should get that price when they come in.

I'm a noob, not a pro so I have no idea if they are better or not, but from my reading it seems like they are liked a lot by guys who are not bent on STIHL. I would have ordered one, but I went for the 193T because the trail-tech dirt bike mount is made for it.

looks like you are right......, at least until last week they still had 16" 355t's, they are now sold out of both 14" and 16", but it says that price is good until the end of Nov. so if you order one now, you should get that price when they come in.

I'm a noob, not a pro so I have no idea if they are better or not, but from my reading it seems like they are liked a lot by guys who are not bent on STIHL. I would have ordered one, but I went for the 193T because the trail-tech dirt bike mount is made for it.

we have a saying here, "no esta el saruche, esta el hombre." roughly translated, "it ain't the saw. its the man."

I had a 355T and its a runner for sure but the build quality leaves a little to be desired compared to the Stihl top handle saws.

I replaced the handle 2x in less than a year when it broke in 2 different spots, and the bar stud pulled outta the case once.

I had a 355T and its a runner for sure but the build quality leaves a little to be desired compared to the Stihl top handle saws.

I replaced the handle 2x in less than a year when it broke in 2 different spots, and the bar stud pulled outta the case once.

i've had 020t's and 200t's that require occasional repair from hard use and abuse too. five or six days a week can be hard on a saw and its operator. the bar stud interests me. i've never had one fail on an echo. is it threaded into plastic or magnesium or captive like a husqvarna? sounds like a "gorilla" tightened the bar nut. i like the design of the echo with two bar studs instead of one.

i haven't had a 355t in my grubby hands yet but it looks like the magnesium is the same as the 360t.

20150920_130022.jpg 20150920_130033.jpg 20150920_130045.jpg 20150920_130057.jpg 20150920_130022.jpg 20150920_130033.jpg 20150920_130045.jpg 20150920_130057.jpg
Well, She's tighter than an 80yr old nun and does not run out the best but I think its partially tuning and partially part of the break in. I'm now about a tank in tonight and part throttle it was great but full throttle is was falling on it's face. I think I'll lean her out just a bit and go from there... All in all though, I like it and will like it a lot more when I send it to Brad for a timing advancement, muffler mod and re-tune.

Ya it looks like brad can really make them sing. I know my 192 started opening up after about 1.5 galons threw her. But sounds like a good tune may be in order.

I ran my 193t for the first time over the weekend, after initial startup/warm up, it runs well except full throttle, it sort of runs out, then dies off a bit and climbs back up, sort of like a pulse...only at full throttle. I did notice there was a tiny bit of pink fuel in the tank when i filled it, so I'm wondering if they ran it at the dealer then drained the fuel and let it sit on the shelf, then maybe I have a plugged up jet?? I was going to run a couple of tanks thru her and see if it cleared up.

I ran my 193t for the first time over the weekend, after initial startup/warm up, it runs well except full throttle, it sort of runs out, then dies off a bit and climbs back up, sort of like a pulse...only at full throttle. I did notice there was a tiny bit of pink fuel in the tank when i filled it, so I'm wondering if they ran it at the dealer then drained the fuel and let it sit on the shelf, then maybe I have a plugged up jet?? I was going to run a couple of tanks thru her and see if it cleared up.

all my saws run wfo 95% of time. They're happy like that.

Latest posts

Back