Stihl 201 t?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie ellis

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all. Im after some professional opini0ns.
I need a new top handled saw. Currently got an old sthil 020t.
Was thinking of getting new stihl 200tcm.
Some people say tthe new model is rubbish.
Any ideas
Husky maybe. Not had one before.
Or echo?
Thanks ollie

Sweet. How do i know that it is the latest model and not one thats been sitting on the shelf for a few years

the newest model is the 201tcm. However I always look at where the serial number is stamped and try to get the saw that was manufactured most recently

The 201 TC is a great saw. Very comparable to the 020/200t's. I personally think it still has a little less power but close. I've been running close to a gallon of gas a day through it since January and it hasn't given me one issue.

MDS no likey. I bought one early this year after hearing rave reviews from my fellow cromags, both online and through the salesman at the stihl shop. At first I had great hopes for it, but eventually it reared its new school junk colors. Recoil has too much friction, saw runs way too rich (no way to adjust either, thanks to queer computer),, that deal with the "off" switch grows more and more annoying each day as it's choking me out from the bucket scabbard. I'm sure there's more, but you get the idea.

But, alas, the times they have changed, and this is the best of what there is (far as I know). New school crap.

Im the kind of guy who finds the saw he loves and then ends up having an affair with another saw just to make sure i wasn't missing out. Here's my 2 cents; If you want a great value and a good saw get an echo, If you want a saw that builds power smoothly and has great torque go for the 201, and if you like a snappy wild beast that has incredible chain speed but needs to be held back a little go for the 540xp. Personally I love my husky but when my guys go up a tree their attached to an echo.

The huskies are cheaper so you can deliberately throw one out of a tree every 6 months

201tcm is a great removal saw

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back