Stihl 291 is no longer FARM BOSS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sounds like you have no love for the plastic saw???
not really...they have their place(lower price point) but at $500 there are much better buys and it just amazes that people will pay that for a saw when there are so many better choices out there. Stihl makes good saws...but they are even better at marketing...goebbels would be proud

just for reference a Husky 455/2255 is the competition and it can be had for $350-375.

What l am getting at is they have worked really hard to produce good quality stuff out of china that people are prepared to pay a premium for many number of reasons.
Where do you get this China crap? Their saws are not made in China. This came up on YouTube, and I contacted Stihl. This is their response.

We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail. The only products offered by STIHL Inc. that are made in our China facility are the FS38 and the HS45.

The STIHL brand is sold in some 160 countries around the world through approximately 35,000 independent servicing STIHL retailers. To support this vast network of dealers STIHL has production plants in Germany, Switzerland, Brazil, the United States, and China. Regardless of location, all STIHL global manufacturing entities share the same high level of management, operational, and rigorous quality standards established and demanded by the our parent company in Germany.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,

C.M. Peavler

Technical Advisor

STIHL Inc.

I personally work for a molding company that does a lot of work with China to produce certain products and let me tell you they can produce some nice stuff but you still have to pay for it lol. If you keep a strict set of QC guidelines they are just the same as any other producers.

Latest posts

Back