Stihl 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole reason I started this tread was to ask if running 15 is okay. On the second page I posted that I tuned it back to 13800

Do a search on Tuning a chainsaw. Saw should four stroke at wot out of wood and should clean up, 2 stroke, the second it hits the wood and threw the whole cut. After that read rpms with tach.

Only if it four strokes I can run it at 15000. Sorry for getting you guys all worked up.

Alright here's the deal. There's no way that particular saw 4 strokes at 15k. Let's just stop at that.

We've all had our fun and been a little rude but it's never fair to pick on ignorance. To the op do some reading up on tuning a 2 stroke.

Sounds like a build off to me. How about some earthquakes.

A challenge doesn't bother me any. Question is are you going to any gtg's this fall?

The only rules there are it has to be the original p&c. Build a pipe and meet me in Kentucky next month.

I would be down. But can't miss any school. So I forfeit.

Don't make challenges you're not willing to back up. Build a saw and there are folks in your area that'd get it there.

Don't piss up wind to clean your shoes

At first I thought he was just funnin' but now I'm not so sure! Got a whole bunch of browsers gathered up and most of um' are talkin' and or scratchin' their heads at the same time, INCLUDING ME!!!:msp_confused:

:givebeer: and :popcorn:

possibly I have school coming up in a few weeks. And keep busy with my carvings. And you'll whoop me any ways, I wasn't that serious, I don't have a degree wheel, just a dermal with some drill bits. You port saws proffesionally I don't, just thought it'd be fun to have a competition even though I'd have no chance. So if I'm available I'll go never been to one before.

Somebody hit it a couple pages back. The H screw is not turned all the way in, it's just turned to the bottom of the limiter cap. That's the only way that saw would run.

sorry im late guys i just got back from changing my blinker fluid and fixin the alternator rewind spring...:hmm3grin2orange:

Back