Stihl 441-CMR wasted too soon! M-tronic Disassembly????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure that saw wasn't run on straight fuel by some one? There's usually no mistaking that grayish film that looks to cover everything.
Also the way the damage is around the entire piston.
Usually, an overly lean running saw will have major damage (melting) on exhaust side.
If its left running like that, it will push the piston to the intake side and damaged that.
That gray is very suspicious. A used saw will run surprisingly well, for quite a while without oil.
Oil impregnation into the surfaces aid in lubrication, for a while. That's why the heat builds around the entire piston surface.
I've witnessed the destruction of otherwise good saws for testing.

Baileys doesn't look like it has a Meteor top end for the MS441C, just the 441. The part number is 1138-020-1201 and that only matches up with the NWP set up who I have never heard of. Anyone know anything about NWP reliability?
441 and 441c same top end.
I put a hyway on mine.Seems to run fine.
In fact I am very pleased with it.

You sure that saw wasn't run on straight fuel by some one? There's usually no mistaking that grayish film that looks to cover everything.
Also the way the damage is around the entire piston.
Usually, an overly lean running saw will have major damage (melting) on exhaust side.
If its left running like that, it will push the piston to the intake side and damaged that.
That gray is very suspicious. A used saw will run surprisingly well, for quite a while without oil.
Oil impregnation into the surfaces aid in lubrication, for a while. That's why the heat builds around the entire piston surface.
I've witnessed the destruction of otherwise good saws for testing.
I hate to say it but I think your right on.i just had one recently same thing.that silver residue gets on everything.had to flush out the inside of the case a few times.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't loan my saws out to anybody. I buy 5 gallons of VP 50:1 at a time. So the only tards that could have ran straight gas through my saw is the first dealer that replaced the computer that had my saw for a month or this second dealer that ran it and said that nothing was wrong with it. Now you guys got me scared thinking I got a **** batch of VP and I am going to take my 150TC apart and look at it.

I don't loan my saws out to anybody. I buy 5 gallons of VP 50:1 at a time. So the only tards that could have ran straight gas through my saw is the first dealer that replaced the computer that had my saw for a month or this second dealer that ran it and said that nothing was wrong with it. Now you guys got me scared thinking I got a **** batch of VP and I am going to take my 150TC apart and look at it.
Sorry it sure does though.wipe your finger in the inside of that case.youll see what I mean.thats from gas with no oil or very very little.

Probably. Any individual who owns a few saws clearly has more experience and mechanical knowledge than the entire Stihl dealer network. They are, no doubt, an inept group of “tards”.
So yes, you are obviously a victim of incompetence. The only question left is, who is the guilty party?
If I were you, I’d go to each one of those dealers a demand satisfaction.
Good luck

Well I found out who the ****ing retard is, ME, and what all I've probably destroyed this month with it in addition to my 441. The dealer had this mixed in with the other ones. My friggin fault for not checking. ****, ****, ****, ****!

Attachments

• IMG_1213.JPG
    IMG_1213.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1214.JPG
    IMG_1214.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1215.JPG
    IMG_1215.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
You would think after 30 years of using saws I would be able to tell that I was dumping straight fuel in my freakin saw. Everything but my 150TC had the old VP 50:1 still in the tanks, so I can thank the heavens that I wasn't completely out of the old stuff in the beginning. I dumped some extra oil in and I'm letting the 150TC idle outside right now smoking a bit. Then when I think I can check the compression without being so mad that I throw it across the shop if it's bad I will check it. What a freakin newbie tool mistake. Well thank you again for all of your advice and the manuals. And way to tag the problem Stihl86, you might have saved me at least a thousand bucks and a **** load of work for myself if I wouldn't have thought to check that can after your advice. Hopefully I would have seen it was straight in the other tools when I wasn't hurting so bad from felling, but you never know. Dumb once and pride of knowing I couldn't make a mistake like that could have led to more disaster.

Hang in there I've done stupid stuff also.as ya get older ya tend to question your self.[emoji23][emoji23]

Before I started posting here I ran a 3/8 chain on a .325 sprocket on a poulan. After buying 3 chains wondering why they kept locking up (the chain) I was clueless. Didn’t figure that one out until a while later :)

Thanks Brent, I'm trying to blame my 4 year old for playing with that damn remote control Stihl lawn mower and distracting me from making sure I had the right can, but he ain't going for it, and told me to "save it." I hate it when these dang kids pick up everything we say like sponges.

Yeah Stihl036prohog, That's why I knew even after not being on here in so long, as long as I threw up pictures with my problem and slight apology for not searching all the forums for hours first, that the guys on here would come through for me. The complete knowledge of competent people on here is ridiculous and it obviously hasn't changed over the years.

Well that is nice to look at. Got the 150TC also. It's impossible to see the cylinder in there and see how bad it is without some work, but the piston looks bad enough that the cylinder is probably shot also. Brad, I don't suppose you have any breakdown manuals for this little creature do you?

Attachments

• IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    546.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    676.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    590.7 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back