Stihl 441-CMR wasted too soon! M-tronic Disassembly????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that is nice to look at. Got the 150TC also. It's impossible to see the cylinder in there and see how bad it is without some work, but the piston looks bad enough that the cylinder is probably shot also. Brad, I don't suppose you have any breakdown manuals for this little creature do you?
I don't for that.but @ray benson might.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well that is nice to look at. Got the 150TC also. It's impossible to see the cylinder in there and see how bad it is without some work, but the piston looks bad enough that the cylinder is probably shot also. Brad, I don't suppose you have any breakdown manuals for this little creature do you?

I don't for that.but @ray benson might.
Check your inbox

Okay I just killed two of my friends to make room for Brad and Ray because I only have room for three friends, and the third is the guy that raised me, so that would have been awkward to have five all of a sudden. really I'll just call you and Ray aquantainces Brad. That way my dad still feels special, and if someone freely gives me some stihl with the power and size of the 880R that weighs 5-7lbs, I won't have to kill one of you for my new alien friend! You two are just too important to this site.

I can only thank you so much again for your time, knowledge and literature to make my painful mistake less frustrating. And I can guarantee that my wife thanks you also since she has been keeping her distance since I found out my ****-up was my fault and I keep going to the shop to look at my saws and then yelling swear words like freaking darn, ship building and the such because of my four year old, but she gets how much I love my saws, the wood still to be felled, and also the work and money involved. She's a great woman that knows that even though the 150TC is still cutting fine, I can't run a saw or saws that I know are ruining their lower ends.

Looks like I definitely have to go OEM on the 150TC. Nothing found searching the web. I am going to fight for a discount since I went in there today and there was no other 4cycle cans in the stack of two cycle cans and the stacks are eight feet apart. Manager wasn't there though. Thank you again, Steve

Okay I just killed two of my friends to make room for Brad and Ray because I only have room for three friends, and the third is the guy that raised me, so that would have been awkward to have five all of a sudden. really I'll just call you and Ray aquantainces Brad. That way my dad still feels special, and if someone freely gives me some stihl with the power and size of the 880R that weighs 5-7lbs, I won't have to kill one of you for my new alien friend! You two are just too important to this site.

I can only thank you so much again for your time, knowledge and literature to make my painful mistake less frustrating. And I can guarantee that my wife thanks you also since she has been keeping her distance since I found out my ****-up was my fault and I keep going to the shop to look at my saws and then yelling swear words like freaking darn, ship building and the such because of my four year old, but she gets how much I love my saws, the wood still to be felled, and also the work and money involved. She's a great woman that knows that even though the 150TC is still cutting fine, I can't run a saw or saws that I know are ruining their lower ends.

Looks like I definitely have to go OEM on the 150TC. Nothing found searching the web. I am going to fight for a discount since I went in there today and there was no other 4cycle cans in the stack of two cycle cans and the stacks are eight feet apart. Manager wasn't there though. Thank you again, Steve
Maybe a customer picked can from 4 cycle display and noticed it was wrong, set it down and took 2 stroke can. Believe it is your problem not stores.

Maybe a customer picked can from 4 cycle display and noticed it was wrong, set it down and took 2 stroke can. Believe it is your problem not stores.
Oh damn it, you don't think I know that. have you read this thread. It's still worth a damn try isn't it? Just for the simple fact of taking a saw into their parts deptartment with straight gas in it, which it still had, and them telling me they hooked it up to the computer with no codes, then ran it outside for five miutes and told me it was running great and they saw nothing wrong. Give me a break Duce! I deserve a little leniency here. I have not tried to hold onto any pride in this thread. I busted myself out for all to see and I don't care. I am going for a discount that I think I deserve, and yes it is my problem completely, unless you want to pay for this and come rebuild my saws, which I wouldn't let you do anyway. **** man, do you really think I need to hear more about my mistake.

Well got my new jug and piston today thanks to Brad Ruch not being a tard like myself and checking out E-bay. Looks as described. My procedure was going to be a good lower end cleaning, since everything feels fine and these lowers are beasts. New gaskets and o-rings. light honing and light emery paper for ring. Pos/Neg pressure test after assy and light run. The only thing I have a question about is the light hone just for crosshatching and starting fresh??? Any thoughts??? light hone or leave alone???

New oem jug and piston is only $50, so thanks for that Tobystihl. Was also looking at a great workup mod over on ******** that Brad Snelling said it is exactly what mods he does to the MS150TC. With the jug and piston being so cheap, will probably do those simple mods. He said he gains like 20%. Sound right??

Attachments

• IMG_1223.JPG
    IMG_1223.JPG
    766.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    699.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1226.JPG
    IMG_1226.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    764.3 KB · Views: 21
Leave the honing marks it helps with break in. Make your mix a little heavy with oil don't baby it or wot for awhile

No sanding.i use a little 2 stroke in the bearings and smear some on the piston.run it stock setting on the carb.wide open in wood is fine.just not in wood till a few tanks.

How is that M-tronic carb going to adjust for the rich flavor it will be getting? I don't see any hone marks and that was part of my concern? Any excess 2 stroke is out the exhaust port anyway correct with the smoke? Do you agree that pic's and top of piston look tank or two? And yes will give her a bit before turning her loose on the oak. Thanks, Steve

How is that M-tronic carb going to adjust for the rich flavor it will be getting? I don't see any hone marks and that was part of my concern? Any excess 2 stroke is out the exhaust port anyway correct with the smoke? Do you agree that pic's and top of piston look tank or two? And yes will give her a bit before turning her loose on the oak. Thanks, Steve
My bad I thought the 441 was new.if not use some like 320 grit for metal and the red Scotch brite also.just so there's a light cross hatch.scitch brite the piston to if there's any kind of lines.the Mtronic will be fine.run it 40:1.i don't use 50:1

That's what I was planning, at least close. I used to be able to put Three Bond on my jug gasket on my 036 and it always sealed fine and stayed sealed instead of waiting for new. However, as hot as this 441 runs, do you think I should just wait for the new gasket???

And screw that 40:1 or 50:1, you know I only run straight gas in my saws Brad!!!!

That's what I was planning, at least close. I used to be able to put Three Bond on my jug gasket on my 036 and it always sealed fine and stayed sealed instead of waiting for new. However, as hot as this 441 runs, do you think I should just wait for the new gasket???

And screw that 40:1 or 50:1, you know I only run straight gas in my saws Brad!!!!
New gasket.i tried the used gasket and three bond and had a leak.

My bad I thought the 441 was new.if not use some like 320 grit for metal and the red Scotch brite also.just so there's a light cross hatch.scitch brite the piston to if there's any kind of lines.

If you do this BE SURE to thoroughly wash (dish soap) /dry/oil jug and piston to remove any remaining grit from these parts before reassembly. You would be surprised how much grit sticks around after this process! VERY bad for bearings if it gets in there.

SteveSr, I usually just pressure wash the lower end, then blow compressed air into it until it's dry, then blow lucas oil into lower end with compressed air until satisified that bearings are lightly wet. Then I clean up for reassembly after light, light honing of cylinder, just to get some crosshatch and then go over piston and rings with red scotch brite like Brad Ruch was talking about. Pressure tests after assembly and two tanks of gas at maybe 4000 to 6000rpm playing with light stuff. Then I will check compression and as long as I am int the zone there, I go to work. This haas been my process and it has worked great. Hopefully you'll agree that this is adequate, and if not please let me know your concerns with my process, because I am a sponge for knowledge. Thanks, Steve

Latest posts

Back