stihl 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would be 50% difference..............unless I'm missing something.

yeah, its easily confused. 100% of $1K, is 1K, so 150% of $1K would be $1500
easiest way I know to explain it, just like it was to me :clap:
-Ralph

yeah, its easily confused. 100% of $1K, is 1K, so 150% of $1K would be $1500
easiest way I know to explain it, just like it was to me :clap:
-Ralph

But, you need to take away the original to get the amount of increase, hence the 50% more. We don't want the total, we want the difference.

Mark

I bought two 660's off e-bay . . . I took a gamble and it seems to have paid off.

Both were brand new never had gas, just the powerhead, no bar or manuals . . . just over $825ea.
I also bought a welder and plasma cutter, both new in the box and cheap.
(I have no affiliation or financial interest in this seller but I highly recommend them. Quick professional shipping, too)

The seller's name is - MoneyMatters2004
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmoneymatters2004QQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0

They have a 660 for sale now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/STIHL-MS-660-MS...ryZ79669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
I bought two 660's off e-bay . . . I took a gamble and it seems to have paid off.

Both were brand new never had gas, just the powerhead, no bar or manuals . . . just over $825ea.
I also bought a welder and plasma cutter, both new in the box and cheap.
(I have no affiliation or financial interest in this seller but I highly recommend them. Quick professional shipping, too)

The seller's name is - MoneyMatters2004
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmoneymatters2004QQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0

They have a 660 for sale now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/STIHL-MS-660-MS...ryZ79669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've looked at their listings too. Man, it seems like a fence. Not saying it IS, but Im just sayin. ;)

Mother of all thread hi-jacks

There's also new 361 and a new 250 on there that I've been watching (Not gonna buy one, but out of curiosity) just to see what other people care to pay.

I wouldn't have bet it for a million dollars... but my Dyed Swedish Orange boss (keeper of the exalted 262XP & 3172) actually had a printout in front of him this afternoon... Looking at <cue up the bespangled drumrollers & trumpeteers> Orange & Cream colored saws! :dizzy: I had been at CPR/1st aid recertification class all day, & swung by the office at quittin' time just to check in, & about had to do self-remediation...

There was a 361 and a 660 circled!

I hear ya Musch.
I thought the same thing. Every month or so they have a 660 and a Miller 175 welder that go cheap. Everything I got was new, the packaging and labeling was very professional. They ship from a central warehouse. The seller sells for someone else (read their legal statement). They've been around since 1/25/04.
(Hint: not many people raise their bids at the last few second with them)

Lake, I'd like to run the numbers, but geez, I'd also hate to lose a saw if something funny was happening.

I hear ya Musch.
I thought the same thing. Every month or so they have a 660 and a Miller 175 welder that go cheap. Everything I got was new, the packaging and labeling was very professional. They ship from a central warehouse. The seller sells for someone else (read their legal statement). They've been around since 1/25/04.
(Hint: not many people raise their bids at the last few second with them)

Lake, I'd like to run the numbers, but geez, I'd also hate to lose a saw if something funny was happening.

Yeah but would'nt ya like to know if something funny was happening???? I would besides you might keep one of us from getting burned !!!!!:blob2:

Where does a guy get a BUNCH of new Stihls? Thats all I'm sayin..I am not accusing anybody.

Well, it's kinda hard to read the full numbers, it looks like they might have been scratched in the box during shipment.

Just kidding, I'll check things out and let you know.

Dealer here quoted me $1130 Canuck bucks plus taxes of 14% For the 660 with 24in B&C. So nock off about $150+ for exchange and your at $990 U.S. funds. I hate going in there as it makes me drool!!:help:

Latest posts

Back