stihl 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmack

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
looking for pice estimates on new 660s, i got 960.00 w a 36in bar and chain did i blow it ????

Just looked at a 650 for $899. Not sure about the 660.. I'm going to get an 066 used.. With my 455 and 064 that should be enough:).. Steve

looking for pice estimates on new 660s, i got 960.00 w a 36in bar and chain did i blow it ????

I don't think so. Local shop just sold one with a 28" bar for $1,000. It was "bagged and tagged" ready for the guy to pick it up. I think you did fine.

Mark

That is a pretty decent price, I think they are over a grand with a 30+ " BAR around here last time I was in the Dealership two weeks ago

Last edited:
I don't think so. Local shop just sold one with a 28" bar for $1,000. It was "bagged and tagged" ready for the guy to pick it up. I think you did fine.

Mark
thanks, i shoulda asked before buying, but it was very shiny with the yellow tags on the chain..... i dont run many sthils so i was hoping i didnt get nailed

I'll say that's a good price.I bought two four years ago,both with 28's,and I paid around 900 each.They gave me a little break because I bought two,their regualr retail price was 940 at the time

Absolutely fair.

Those Stihl bars cost a pretty penny too, so that is definately a consideration.

I am surprised at how well they wear though.
I have seen very well used saws that have bars still in pretty good shape.

After a year, even if you paid a few bucks more, hopefully that dealer will be there for ya.

Congrats on the saw. Those 660s are among the best saws ever.

Absolutely fair.

Those Stihl bars cost a pretty penny too, so that is definately a consideration.

I am surprised at how well they wear though.
I have seen very well used saws that have bars still in pretty good shape.

After a year, even if you paid a few bucks more, hopefully that dealer will be there for ya.

Congrats on the saw. Those 660s are among the best saws ever.

i think they gave me oregons

No, not only did you do fine, but you got one helluva saw.

Mark

i think i'll break er in on some big tulips or maybe some nasty beech and oak stumps, any advice on break in btw?

Back