Stihl 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on ST, the coils and carbs are the major players in a AT system. It took Husky over 2 years and a recall of saws back to Sweden to solve most of their AT problems, yes design/engineering problems , not user error issues, to correct most of the faults. I don't drink the Stihl or Husky kool aid, could care less, I own and run them both. The MS661 looks to be a nice saw, time will tell.

The AT wasn't the problem it was crankcase bolts and air leaks if I remember right.

with the extra power i hope they put a better crank in it or the next treads on this saw will be broke 661 crank at the clutch...... :eek:

Good to see ya Ray. I swear I am going to make it down your way and help you out one of these days. Hope all is good for ya buddy. Hope business is going good - Jeff

Starts at $1,169.95 with a 16". $50 more than the 660 R.

A 661 with a 16 inch bar... I could never even dream of running a 661 with a 16 inch bar on it. All that torque... a 28 is as small as I ever ran on my 066s.

Here is the official brochure on the 661 from Stihl. New spring system, new oil pump, new engine porting, new air filter system, M-tronic/Autotune, other lesser features (why they are so proud of a double dawg setup seems trivial compared to all the other real features):

http://www.stihl.com/p/media/download/en-com/ms661-brochure-gb.pdf

2-MIX technology? Looks bad-azz on paper. I want one.

holy **** $1300,thats a lot of money. id go with a 390xp or a 2188 and keep 300 bucks in my pocket
Lets get a few of those sexy 661's around getting some trees on the ground before we make a call like that. It's got spring av,cm and a quad port design. The 461 is sexy and has lots of torque. The 661 is looking close to the same as the 461 but with spring av. Time will tell. I'll have one dyno tested before long. I love me a sexy creamsicle
creamsicle.jpg

Mine is the MS661 C. Run time is about hour and 20 min per tank with a 25" bar. Cuts are great really smooth thru the rpm range. Very low vibration. I have pics on my phone that I am willing to text to someone who will post them for me. I also have pics of the 461 which is no slouch. Will have videos to post tomorrow. Pm me a number for the pics.

Thanks

Ray

Latest posts

Back