Stihl announces new line of green saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Fir

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
STIHL, the world's leading manufacturer of gasoline chain saws, announced today that they will be introducing a new line of green chain saws. According to Hans Olof Eisenträger, head of marketing, the new saws will be based on existing models to reduce development costs. "The new line will feature some of our more popular models, but will be distinguished by the use of green-colored plastics, a new numbering system, and a new brand." Eisenträger goes on to explain that this approach "has worked well for Husqvarna, whose red Jonsered line is so popular in the U.S. that dealers have recently had trouble getting enough stock." The new green line will be marketed under the "Jobu" brand, the rights to which were purchased from the Orkla Group in Norway. The first saw released under the new brand will be the Jobu SCS-2261, which will be based on the popular Stihl MS-261. When asked why people would buy the new saw instead of the better-known Stihl version, Eisenträger explained that "some consumers are looking for something a bit different, the green plastics we have chosen are very striking, and the new saws will have the straight handle bars preferred by discriminating sawyers". The first saws in the Jobu line are expected to reach distributors by the middle of the year.

Source: Daily press/business press | STIHL | ANNOUNCEMENT: New line of green chain saws

Wadaya know, it's the beginning of April!

Had me right up until the "Jobu" brand. Nice!:msp_biggrin:

The only thing better would be the headline........"Husqvarna introduces a new line of saws that keep all the bolts from falling out".

Last edited:
A green saw would be a great base color for the camo dip saw like posted earlier. I'll have a hard time buying a bastard though. Jobu also means job in Japanese. That sounds better than bastard. It's a saw ready for the job. I'll buy one.

Jobu in the Estonian language means bastard:msp_scared:

Interesting. But I'm sure that Stihl borrowed the Jobu name from the old Norwegian company Jobu Mekaniske Verksted AS, which was named for its founders Trygve Johnsen and Gunnar Busk. As far as I know neither of them were bastards, but it's certainly possible. :msp_smile:

I've heard that the new saws will be slightly heavier than the Stihl equivalents, although I'm not sure why. Heavier plastics, perhaps? The original Jobu chain saws were well respected in their day.

Doug

Back