Stihl Bulk Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run woodland pro. And love it. Stihl chain is my second pic. If I was you I would try one loop of it. You would only be out $17 if you don't like it. Only thing I have ever had hurt the chain bad is whene there was concreet (sp) in a city tree. I have hit fence and only dulled up one cutter on skip tooth chain.

Ray

I still haven't found any chain, just so everyone knows. Is everyones opinion to just call some Stihl dealers in Oregon or Washington and see if one will shoot me a deal and UPS? is it against Stihl rules to do that? i don't want to get anyone in trouble!

STIHL dealer in Bend Oregon one of biggest in the Northwest and run by loggers. Stark Street STIHL @ 1-541-382-6769 in business since 1965 as they stock the chain for loggers in the Cascades so they will have any roll and cut you want. www.starkstreet.com good luck!!

It is my understanding that a Stihl dealer will not ship. When I was looking for chain I called a Madsens and they had chain for a good price, but they were not able to ship it.

Your best bet would be to talk to someone from the PNW, or hopefully someone will contact you, they will need to buy it, then ship it to you.

Wow under 200$ for a 100' roll? I'd love buy it for that price wholesale. .
If you were within driving distance of the shop I can sell 100' rolls of Stihl 3/8 RSC for 300$ but being the Northeast we pay more for everything here. But unlike most of the country Stihl and Oregon chain here is within 5$ of each other for a 100', only when you go with Windsor or Carlton they're about 5-10% cheaper.

Last edited:
My dealer told me 400 like i posted above. I'll call starks and see what happens :) I have tried the woodland pro chain except it was still Carlton. It DOES do a pretty good job, but I'd rather have Stihl

I was kind of hoping that by posting some of the Stihl dealer guys would offer it up (unless its just an MSRP deal) the rolls i bought only lasted a season and now guys want to get chains and no one has the same sized chain and NONE of them ran Stihl brand before we made them. and NO i don't want to cut a dealers throat, i just want a decent deal.

Yep good way to get someone who might respond to you banned from here. But hey, you'd get your chain right?

Make friends with someone in the PNW, best deal you'll get.

Because only site sponsers can make sales, or offer sales, or advertise, here. You aren't even supposed to post links to dealers that aren't sponsers here. It's all in the site rules at the top of the home page, or any page for that matter, under Guidelines.

why would it get them banned? just wondering

Last edited:
Wow under 200$ for a 100' roll? I'd love buy it for that price wholesale. .
If you were within driving distance of the shop I can sell 100' rolls of Stihl 3/8 RSC for 300$ but being the Northeast we pay more for everything here. But unlike most of the country Stihl and Oregon chain here is within 5$ of each other for a 100', only when you go with Windsor or Carlton they're about 5-10% cheaper.

No kidding. Do you sell much bulk chain? I ask because I've decided to quit carrying it altogether. Seems the only time I cut a loop off the roll its for a non Stihl saw. Folks bring in these elcheapo saws from all over but can't find a chain for them so they come to me for a loop off the roll. I done told em when those rolls are empty thats the last of bulk chain. I've been told "where am I going to get a chain, there's none around here for my saw". I reply buy a Stihl saw and you won't have that problem, we stock loops in the box for all Stihl's. Some have told me I'm being orenry, how dare they,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

No kidding. Do you sell much bulk chain? I ask because I've decided to quit carrying it altogether. Seems the only time I cut a loop off the roll its for a non Stihl saw. Folks bring in these elcheapo saws from all over but can't find a chain for them so they come to me for a loop off the roll. I done told em when those rolls are empty thats the last of bulk chain. I've been told "where am I going to get a chain, there's none around here for my saw". I reply buy a Stihl saw and you won't have that problem, we stock loops in the box for all Stihl's. Some have told me I'm being orenry, how dare they,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'd like to go all loops but it's just not feasible, since have to stock everything from 3/8 lo pro .043 44 drive links all
the way up to 3/8 .050 84 drive links.

And say I have 5 loops of 26RSC 62E, for the 250's a tree service comes in and buys all the loops it's 3-4
days before I can get more of that chain. I know the easy answer is stock more chain, but it's not always that easy.

At the very least I have to have 5-10 of each size loop, in stock or enough bulk to make up that many.
So I have 100' rolls of 3/8 .050, .325 .063, and 3/8 .050 lo pro in stock all the time. And most of the time I have a 100' roll of
.404 .063, and a 25' rolls of 3/8 .058, and 1/4" in stock. Because there's still 020's running around and several carvers running 1/4"
and none of the other local dealers have .058 gauge for Huskies and Jonsereds.

Latest posts

Back