Stihl calendars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motti

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So what's the deal with these? I've gone to my local dealer, and they just laugh when I ask about the yearly Stihl calendars, and say they might be lucky to get *one* in. :confused: I went way out of my way, and searched out a different Stihl dealer, and they said they didn't have any either (and this was early December). So why are these dealers not getting them? Or why are they not giving them out? Is there a way to get one without all this trouble?

I have yet to find a dealer that has had them in the past, or has them this year.....

Seems the Amish in this area aren't interested in pretty uhm uhm saws, yeah that's it... :laugh:

We have not been able to get them here for years and last year we did get the industrial calender and I liked it too Fish.

We got ours but "someone" screwed up the quanity... You have to order in like July to get them, and everyone forgets!

Nice pouty babes this year...I have FHCWs :)

We got ours but "someone" screwed up the quanity... You have to order in like July to get them, and everyone forgets!

Nice pouty babes this year...I have FHCWs :)

Can I get one from you? ...the pouty babes or the calandar. ;)

So I assume that the stihl shops can't order more past the July date, and a non dealer can't order them from the web site??? THAT SUX!!!

So what's the deal with these? I've gone to my local dealer, and they just laugh when I ask about the yearly Stihl calendars, and say they might be lucky to get *one* in. :confused: I went way out of my way, and searched out a different Stihl dealer, and they said they didn't have any either (and this was early December). So why are these dealers not getting them? Or why are they not giving them out? Is there a way to get one without all this trouble?

Have you ever seen the GIRLS in these calanders? That's why they are hard to get. Most of the dealer employees take them for themselves.

Hey, don't feel bad......I have 3 dealerships in my area and none of them have the calenders. I've asked those dealers about them and almost always reply, "Gee, your like the zillionth guy to ask about the calenders......but no, never seen them sold here!":( Yep, seen them on Fleabay but over priced as usual. I need to find one of these old school dealerships that has all the Stihl goodies :D

Have you ever seen the GIRLS in these calanders? That's why they are hard to get. Most of the dealer employees take them for themselves.

Your kidding, you think they really take those calendars, those low lifes,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I wonder if Stihl just does not make any money selling them or what? Its seems as though there is a demand if everyone made is gone before they put them in the dealers hands.

Wife got in the way

My wife and daughter went to get my Christmas present at the Saw shop and said that they qualify for a free Stihl calander. Instead of just saying yes, she asked to see it. BIG MISTAKE. Needless to say, I got a calander with her picture on it. I love my wife, but she doesn't do the pout thing very well :(

Millman

Well, this may be a dumb thought.... Isn't this hurting dealers? I know my dealer never has anything. So, I hate going in there. It's not Stihl's fault. They have a good product.

I learned a long time ago that "free stuff", no matter how small, stupid, or insignificant, will make for a better deal. Kid's cereal has the same idea - they put small toys inside, so you buy their stuff.

With all the buying power on this board alone, when will Stihl (and the other makers) notice? Supply and demand... ok, great. There's a big demand. Where's the supply? But you know, all we're doing is advertising for them. You'd think they would want their name in every home. I think I might Email Stihl directly, and complain.

If nothing else, one of the dealers on this board should take orders for the advertising stuff as it becomes available. We'd all want it.

Free Stuff

The place I got my saw today knows how to treat the customer. When they made me a good deal on the 310, he said "pick out a hat" so I got a Stihl hat to wear. When I said I need bar oil and fuel mix, he pulled out a gallon and a 6 pack of mix and said "how about 10 bucks." Perfect. I will be going back to this guy for everything. They even like you to come in and shoot the sh** every once in a while. All this from a dealer in a small town of about 150 people, Avoca, NY, and from the back of a hardware store.:clap: So even if Stihl doesn't provide freebies to the dealers, the dealers can give away a hat or two to keep the customers coming back.

Millman

Back