Stihl calendars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Local Stihl dealer delivered one to us personally. He asked if Dolmar had a calendar. I told him Dolmar saws are too pretty and the models would wind up quitting the business.

I'm amazed at how much Stihl spends on advertising. If they spent a few of those dollars on R & D their fuel caps wouldn't leak and they wouldn't need 30 models of saw. Engine, bar, chain = tree fall down. Pretty simple. Only need 5 or 6 saws. Little, medium, big, really big and top-handle. That's it.

It's all advertising, before anything. I can advertise a product on my hat, shirt, coat, necklace, wrist, car, etc. Or I don't have to. You'd think the companies would WANT their name out there. If they offer the advertising things for the customers, but it's not actually getting to their hands, who is it hurting? The dealer AND the main company.

I wonder if Stihl just does not make any money selling them or what? Its seems as though there is a demand if everyone made is gone before they put them in the dealers hands.

Stihl sells them to dealers and the dealers either give them away or resell them... The problem is with individual dealers, not Stihl...

Maybe I should take bids for mine:)

Here's a sample... and just snaps - not trying to take great pictures tonight...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Stihl sells them to dealers and the dealers either give them away or resell them... The problem is with individual dealers, not Stihl...

Maybe I should take bids for mine:)

Here's a sample... and just snaps - not trying to take great pictures tonight...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's the funniest sh*t I've ever seen. I wonder if they have it electronically somewhere or if someone has scanned it somewhere online. I would put that directly in my girlfriends office in our house.

We have the calendars in stock...40 of them. We ordered some about 3 months back and then just reordered another 20 this past week. I hope they arent discontinuing them already we are almost out and I love giving them to customers.

hmmmm.... just wondering if husky has same sort of calendars....

Gonna ask my dealer for calendar thou when i go there next time...

Are they going for a "Starts so easy, a caveman could use it!" theme or what? Sorry, Ralph, but DAYAM, brush out them mats, woman!

Yeah, nice c-toe, too!

Whats the big deal about calendars

They aren't hard to get. Just place your order boys, I just ordered 100 of them. I will have to charge e-bay prices though, :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

They aren't hard to get. Just place your order boys, I just ordered 100 of them. I will have to charge e-bay prices though, :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

il give you 3e + shipping along with feeling of righteousness if you send me one :biggrinbounce2:

il give you 3e + shipping along with feeling of righteousness if you send me one :biggrinbounce2:

hahaha, let me get them in first and we got a deal. Years ago I was told Stihl gave tons of free hats and calenders to dealers but something happened. The dealers turned around and sold them instead of giving them to the customers like they were meant for. So Stihl turned around and started charging the dealers for them. Just goes to show greed ruins a good thing, grrrrrrrrrr.

ummmm. I just might have to break down and buy a stihl... if the dealer throws in a extra chain, some ppe, and oh yea, one of dem calenders! I want to see too!

My distributor in my area will not offer these calenders to us. Something about showing a little skin turns them away. I was able to get one of the quickcut calenders this year and wish I could get one for 2007.

Back