Stihl club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats better Stihl or Husky?

• Stihl

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • Husky

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My 034av Super (similar to 036) has been a great saw and has cut most all of my firewood for the past 8 years or so. It is a screamer, and has been bulletproof! It wears a 16 or 20 in. bar. My 025 is my lightweight limbing saw, and has been trouble free, but doesn't get used a lot. MY father has an 029 farm boss. It runs good, but is heavy after running it awhile.

Yes I'm a Stihl fan.

I have posted this picture before, I have added a few since picture was taken.

attachment.php

Just changed my computer desktop to your picture.

I use it at work :)

Man, you should have just "felled" that tree. It looks like you stuck it to death!:greenchainsaw:

BTW, great pic.

2007 ice storm fell it and many others for me........It's milled and in the barn.
It made a good amount of lumber.

attachment.php

How many of those do you guys want to bet are pinched?:givebeer:

Merry Christmas fellas!!:cheers: :cheers:

I pinch my share :chainsaw:

Last edited:
I for one rarely read the forum without a kid on each shoulder, and the lady on my lap. God damn, those 8-year olds love chainsaws and are just excited to read the posts!

You may want to go edit post 51 - You may not care about the language, but there are some that do. Some people do read these forums with their kids and ladyfolk about. Some of them carry a pretty big stick, and some are just good guys you don't want to offend just because they are good guys.

I for one rarely read the forum without a kid on each shoulder, and the lady on my lap. God damn, those 8-year olds love chainsaws and are just excited to read the posts!

understand, thanks for telling me to change it goal wasnt to offend anyone.
Matt

understand, thanks for telling me to change it goal wasnt to offend anyone.
Matt

Kudos to you and "Thank you" from me.

I do enjoy the threads a lot more without all the "beeps" over the writing.

Now, your original post...

026 - First saw I bought new. 13 years old and it just gets better with age. Like: ease of starting and dependability.
441 - First felling saw. Smooth, fuel sipper, and easy on the hands. The anti vibe is a little "squishy" but I do like it now. This is my favorite firewood saw.
440 - Bought it to see what all the "Hooplah" was about. Yep, it's "all that." Light, nimble and full of grunt. Excellent felling/limbing combo.

Last edited:
Stihl saws I own and what I think.....

Of my saws, MS 170... runs like crap hardly use it, but cuts well when running well with little chain.

020 runs awesome balanced well sounds great and cuts fast w/ spark arrrestor removed

260 pro favorite saw for limbing, air filter clogs too easy though

361 great saw no complaints

056 tons of power a little heavy but super durable, air filter clogs too fast though

066 I modded the muffler cuts very fast, well balanced and relatively light.

088 great saw for big wood and milling. No complaints. Full skip chain works best on 36" bar. Much easier to sharpen too.

I have owned a 034 which was a good powerful saw and a ms290 which was a weak boat anchor

matt... ya don't have to just start thread after thread to fit in... trust me... on any forum you ever go to... when you are a new guy, and start throwin' up old topics thinkin' you are doin' the forum some justice... won't really go anywhere. It will always turn in to a pissin' match between you and the guys that have been around on the board for a long time.

Should they/I just ignore the newbie posts, and just go on our way. We should... key word there is "Should"... But no... it's impossible. It's like being addicted to crack. You have to read them... :)

A lot of people think that when they come here and start the "Which super cool, freakin' amazing saw do you guys love" threads... and then they get some flack... just don't understand.

I'm all for discussion... but just starting a thread to start a thread is pointless... It's like all the "I found a super cool, freakin' amzing saw on Craigslist/Ebay for everybody... just doin' my part." threads... they only take up space and really do nothing for anybody. Have a few people bought saws that way? I'm sure there have... but I would trust buyin' a saw out of the Tradin' Post here and other forums where I know people, than before I would buy a saw on a whim on ebay from a post I read...

You can post whatever you want... but just remember... just because you think it's a cool topic, and are enthusiastic about it... don't mean everybody else will... :) Just a grain of salt...

Jump in... join the discussions, contribute, rant, rave, laugh, poke fun, get mad, praise, agree, disagree, but most of all... have thick skin my friend...

Merry Christmas mang... :)

Gary

I'd rep ya Gary, but alas, I'm all out!!

matt... ya don't have to just start thread after thread to fit in... trust me... on any forum you ever go to... when you are a new guy, and start throwin' up old topics thinkin' you are doin' the forum some justice... won't really go anywhere. It will always turn in to a pissin' match between you and the guys that have been around on the board for a long time.

Should they/I just ignore the newbie posts, and just go on our way. We should... key word there is "Should"... But no... it's impossible. It's like being addicted to crack. You have to read them... :)

A lot of people think that when they come here and start the "Which super cool, freakin' amazing saw do you guys love" threads... and then they get some flack... just don't understand.

I'm all for discussion... but just starting a thread to start a thread is pointless... It's like all the "I found a super cool, freakin' amzing saw on Craigslist/Ebay for everybody... just doin' my part." threads... they only take up space and really do nothing for anybody. Have a few people bought saws that way? I'm sure there have... but I would trust buyin' a saw out of the Tradin' Post here and other forums where I know people, than before I would buy a saw on a whim on ebay from a post I read...

You can post whatever you want... but just remember... just because you think it's a cool topic, and are enthusiastic about it... don't mean everybody else will... :) Just a grain of salt...

Jump in... join the discussions, contribute, rant, rave, laugh, poke fun, get mad, praise, agree, disagree, but most of all... have thick skin my friend...

Merry Christmas mang... :)

Gary

Well said :clap: :clap:

Kyle

Back