Stihl dealers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found that when talking to someone at a saw shop just general **** chat and asking questions gets a good response. I typically like to know how people are doing in business, what they use to cut with and how they like it. Then I'll ask if they've tried other saws that I own or may like. I talked a stihl dealer into ordering a dolmar to play around with. I talked to him yesterday and he said he completely loves the 5100S. It's a great saw due to being lighter then everything else he owns plus the anti vib features. He said it wont trade for his 361 but he for sure will use it more then many of his other saws. That made me quite happy. :greenchainsaw:

With the Husky dealers that I have visited, they each gave different prices, some better than others, and all were very friendly and quite helpful. Now that I am thinking about a Stihl, possibly a better saw, I was expecting the same. What I have gotten, though is people ( sales people) who know less about the saws I am looking at than I do at two of the shops and one who never acknowledged that I was there.

Maybe I'm missing something; you say that the Husky dealers have been friendlier and more accommodating, yet you're giving yourself an ulcer to buy a Stihl because....why, exactly?

Sorry, but I really don't think that there's a bit of quality difference between those saws - certainly not when you factor in the dealer contribution. They both have their standouts, they both have their dogs, but on the whole I think they're equivalent (despite what the partisans, on both sides, would like you to believe.)

(Now if it's external validation you seek, someone will be along soon with your creamscicle Kool-Aid!)

-=[ Grant ]=-

Maybe I'm missing something; you say that the Husky dealers have been friendlier and more accommodating, yet you're giving yourself an ulcer to buy a Stihl because....why, exactly?

-=[ Grant ]=-

If his husky dealers were giving him the 08 prices, a Stihl wood look very good. He** they look good anyway, LOL.

Those 08 msrp's are crazy, I know why you boys cried when net sales left.:cry: :cry:

Sounds like you spent a $100 on gas to save $40 on a saw.

Around here there is a place called the Boot Box. They sell boots of all kinds for good prices. The problem is its a 110 mile round trip. My freind drove up there at Christmas time to save $18 dollars on a pair of Lacross boots that my other freind could have ordered for him at our local gun store. Funniest part of it was, he got the wrong size and had to go back.

Ya know...these guys that own the shops have families to feed, just like the rest of us do. Not only that, they have employees to pay most of the time also. Stop walking into a shop with the mindset of haggling over the price of a chainsaw (especially if you have never bought anything from the shop). Banks work off of percentages, and the shop owners need to also. If Mr. Shopowner notices you become a regular customer, and he wants to give you stuff or give you a break on purchaces, that is his perogative. He knows how much $$$ he can lose on a sale.

JMO:D

I don't think so.....What if he can work on his own saw, and there are other saw shops that don't charge an arm and a leg.....Hahahahahaha!:cheers: :monkey:

What if he can't!!! oh, btw.. most can't or don't want to... In fact, most saws owners I meet shouldn't even own saws! :jawdrop:

Online? Guess he can always buy an Echo or Solo.. I keep forgetting about those brands.

I have a new dealer in the area; small, just starting out, in a small town. He is nice to deal with. But, when it comes to discounts he says that he has more wiggle room on parts and accessories than on the saws. And I think he said that he earns discount on volume of saw sales too. For a new dealer, just starting out in a small town, his hallmark is friendliness, service and an apparent desire to keep you as a customer. But he has to make a profit in order to stay in business too. I think its a two way street, I'll support him and he will support me. As Jack says "That's as good as it gets." :cheers: Otherwise its 175 miles to the next nearest dealer.

Good post, glad you understand.

I got an extra chain from mydealer on my first saw purchase from them but it was a 441 and i didnt feel bad about asking since then have bought 2 blowers for the fire dept and 1 for myself then i bought the 660 got an excellent deal on that so customer loyalty really does pay you find a dealer you like and stick with them I stop in once in a while just to **** chat I cant go in unless I have at least one hour to spare and the mechanics are the salesman father and son I know everyone isnt this lucky to have a shop like that but try to find a good one and if that means choosing another brand then do it I would if I didnt feel welcome

What if he can't!!! oh, btw.. most can't or don't want to... In fact, most saws owners I meet shouldn't even own saws! :jawdrop:

Online? Guess he can always buy an Echo or Solo.. I keep forgetting about those brands.

If he can't, as soon as he get's screwed a couple of times by you rip-off high priced Stihl dealers, he'll figure it out by himself, or get help, like you get here.....and BTW, nothing wrong with the new Solo's or Bailey's.

Uh oh,, everyone except Dennis gets screwed by rip-off Stihl dealers... have you checked the price of Husky saws lately?. First, find a dealer... :monkey:

And Dennis.. easy on the royal "you" stuff.. I just work for one ("meer employee?" as sap would say..), not own one..

I bet those Solo's are just flying off the shelves....

Last edited:
Uh oh,, everyone except Denis get screwed by rip-off Stihl dealers...# have you checked the price of Husky saws lately?. First, find a dealer... :monkey:
Get real Lakeside.....You can't find a Husky dealer?.....Hahahahaha!Everybody's has to buy a saw, but not all need your services. Many people can fix a saw or grind a chain. If they can't, they can come to the chainsaw forums and get help, instead of paying high prices to get there saws fixed or sharpen. Almost anybody can maintain a chainsaw if they put there mind to it. :cry:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back