Stihl HP Ultra oil availability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I want to switch from the regular HP oil to the HP Ultra oil. I just finished calling the 5 dealers that are 'local' to me (between 20 miles to 40 miles approx one-way) to see who has some in stock and to get prices. No one answered at 1 of the 5, and only 1 of the other 4 stocked Ultra oil. Anybody else have trouble getting Ultra oil locally?

Kevin

I want to switch from the regular HP oil to the HP Ultra oil. I just finished calling the 5 dealers that are 'local' to me (between 20 miles to 40 miles approx one-way) to see who has some in stock and to get prices. No one answered at 1 of the 5, and only 1 of the other 4 stocked Ultra oil. Anybody else have trouble getting Ultra oil locally?

Kevin

Hey if you are near Jasper AR I can drop off a six-pack or so. I will be at Horseshoe Canyon this weekend. Lemme know, mon.

Hey if you are near Jasper AR I can drop off a six-pack or so. I will be at Horseshoe Canyon this weekend. Lemme know, mon.

Hey thanks for the offer, but I'm in the southwest corner of the state. I had to get a map to find Jasper, AR and it looks like it's about 5 to 6 hrs. away from me.

A six-pack is all I need. If it wasn't for the gas prices, I'd look into going to a farther dealer. I'll be in the town Sat. where the Ultra is available...but I won't be able to get there during their business hours. :(

Kevin

I have yet to see it at a dealer. They all seem to carry the regular, orange bottle stuff.

All we carry is the regular orange bottle stuff. People have enough of a stroke about the price as is, I've never had any demand for the higher grade stiff.

I use Mobil One Racing 2T fully synthetic oil in all my two-cycles. I get it at O'Rielly's auto parts. I have never used a two cycle oil like the Mobil oil, I get increased idle speed, faster acceleration/trigger response, and no smoke after warm up. Give it a try and I'll bet you won't use anything else!

We got a pallet in yesterday and list is
Off the top of my head,
2.6oz bottle -1.50$
6.4oz- 1.99$
Quart bar oil- 4.99$
Gallon bar oil is 12.99$
There's a Stihl dealer about 20 minutes south of me that won't carry any Stihl oils since no one will buy it because it's so expensive.
He says he lost business raising the price of his generic brand stuff from 5.99$ a gallon to 6.99$.

Last edited:
I use Mobil One Racing 2T fully synthetic oil in all my two-cycles. I get it at O'Rielly's auto parts. I have never used a two cycle oil like the Mobil oil, I get increased idle speed, faster acceleration/trigger response, and no smoke after warm up. Give it a try and I'll bet you won't use anything else!

My Lawnboy Dura-Force engine has continued to operate better and not lose power in the heat after your main jet fix.

Thanks again :)

Some current rough numbers for Australia (rural NSW)

Stihl bar oil.
4 litres (a bit over 1 US gallon) A$28 (current exchange rate is roughly A$0.83=US$1. It dropped from 95c/$1 from two weeks ago)

20 litres A$95

Husky bar oil. 3.875 litres A$20 (why it now comes in a 1US gallon jug is anyones idea ??)

Engine oil I'm not sure as I use Motul 800 2T ($30/litre)

Got it all over here. Not cheap though. They want $15.00 for a 6 pack of 1 gallon mix bottles. A 6 pack of 2 gallon mix is $18.00. $3.00 more for twice the oil? Don't make sense to me. And thats the cheapest place I can find.

I finally got the one dealer that I didn't get on the phone earlier in the day; he does have 2 - 1 gallon mix bottles left and is supposed to be getting some more next week.

I've thought about going that route...I'll have to do a search and see what folks are saying about synthetic oil that's not sold by the saw manufacturers. It would be easier going to an auto parts store to get the oil.

Kevin

Last edited:
We dumped the orange oil 6 months ago - just black (super) and white (ultra) now. No pricing resistance, which was somewhat suprising...

Hey thanks for the offer, but I'm in the southwest corner of the state. I had to get a map to find Jasper, AR and it looks like it's about 5 to 6 hrs. away from me.

A six-pack is all I need. If it wasn't for the gas prices, I'd look into going to a farther dealer. I'll be in the town Sat. where the Ultra is available...but I won't be able to get there during their business hours. :(

Kevin

Wow Kevin I was just through there Had I known I would have dropped some off for ya!!!!!

Back