stihl = ?? Husqvarna = what atv? Dolmar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have all sorts of saws, and a Mule. it might not be the fastest, but at least i can haul a load in the bed.

Bob, i don't think that Tri-motos came out until late '82. i had the very first one my dealer sold (~$1795, if my memory serves me). it was a neat machine. it was as fast as a honda 200X, though it didn't handle quiet as well, if any three wheeler can be said to handle well, and it was way faster than a big red. it was better in the mud and water than either of the others.

I have a Honda 4 wheeler (Rincon) but seldom use it. I had Polaris Sportsman in the past and can say there is no comaprison skidding with it vs the Honda or most any other ATV

Here's why I don't use the ATV much any more. Can't do this with a 4 wheeler:

attachment.php

Also can transport 3 big guys when necessary...

If it's equipment and has four wheels and it found it's way to my little farm, it's GREEN!

'56 JD40, '63 JD 110, '68 JD140-H1, '93 JD425 AWS, '03 JD GX345, etc, etc, and still growing.........

I run huskys, and since I"m older than 8, and I dont wear skirts, I dont own any atv"s, Just vintage motocross bikes, the smallest of which is a 94 ktm mxc440.

I am not particularly brand loyal, I buy what I think will work the best for my needs at the time. I have 3 Stihls, 3 Makita/Dolmars and a Jonsered. I have a Kawasaki 650 Praire, a Yamaha 450 Kodiak and a Suzuki quad runner 250. All have their place.

I would rather use and abuse my stuff than fix it so its Stihl & Honda for me! :rock:

Honestly I could run any saw but there is a reason beyond simple biology that I bleed red.

attachment.php

attachment.php

There's an assortment of yamahahahas and cowasockies back there somewhere... the susuckies all broke on the starting line. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Stihl, Yamaha Rhino and Kodiak, and a couple of 2010 yzf 450 bikes

My creamcicles and my 2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660 and a 1986 Honda 350X 3 wheeler (restoration in progress)

Back