Stihl KM130R Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used Valvoline multi purpose lithium grease, looked pretty similar to what was already in them.

I don't know if that will work ok. For a trimmer it will not because of the higher rpm and heat. I have had several attachments come in ruined because of the wrong lube. What I do is clean them out with brake clean, then relube with the right stuff.. it is a 4 bucks a tube and well worth it. If it can protect a landscapers 10 hour a day 5 days a week machine it will work for you as well.

Both attachments came with the same manual, labeled HL-KM.

I see Stihl recommends "gear lubricant for hedge trimmers" (grease) for the Blade Drive Gear and "lubricant for brushcutters" (grease) in the Angle Drive.

What was in there from the factory looked pretty similar in both, I think I'll be OK.

I don't know if that will work ok. For a trimmer it will not because of the higher rpm and heat. I have had several attachments come in ruined because of the wrong lube. What I do is clean them out with brake clean, then relube with the right stuff.. it is a 4 bucks a tube and well worth it. If it can protect a landscapers 10 hour a day 5 days a week machine it will work for you as well.

Both these attachments are sickle bars, just different lengths. It looked like similar grease was already in there, and it seemed to like what I put in, but I'll keep your post in mind if I have any problems, thanks.

Both attachments came with the same manual, labeled HL-KM.

I see Stihl recommends "gear lubricant for hedge trimmers" (grease) for the Blade Drive Gear and "lubricant for brushcutters" (grease) in the Angle Drive.

What was in there from the factory looked pretty similar in both, I think I'll be OK.

I hope so too my friend.

Latest posts

Back