STIHL license plates

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put one on my truck because STIHL is the only saw I run.
And I'm proud of the fact that I only run the best.

There are STIHL men, and all the rest.
And of course, the rest don't understand...

Haha...i am saying this with no offense to anyone and not trying to start a fight...but i am seconding this

GO STIHL!!!

The best, no comparison...do let it be none i do like Husqvarna though...just not quite a Stihl.

If you are buying these plates to put on your trucks then I feel sorry (in the sense that your dealer is too cheap to give you a few of them) for you (as they should give them to you).

My Stihl dealers give them to me if I ask them. They like the fact that a professional is advertising for them. Don't be afraid to ask your dealer for one.

Last edited:
If you are buying these plates to put on your trucks then I feel sorry for you.

My Stihl dealers give them to me if I ask them. They like the fact that a professional is advertising for them. Don't be afraid to ask your dealer for one.

My dealer checked the current catalog and all they have is the license plate holder. No license plates.

And don't feel sorry for me.
I can afford the green for the plates. I don't have to beg for them.

I apologize for sounding condescending. What I was trying to say is that your dealer should give them to you if you politely ask for them. I did not mention begging for them. My dealer is pretty cool. They give me all kinds of Stihl products. I get a ton of questions on what saws are best and I usually send them in the direction of Stihl. Husky and Jonesred are good but in my area the servicing dealers are terrible. All the Stihl dealers in my area are top notch service centers. I am proud to run Stihl and don't mind showing it. I also get a pretty good discount on all the saws I buy.

I am sure you can afford the green for the license plate. Again, it was my intention to point out the fact that you should not have to pay for the plates. As a professional, Stihl should want you to display there brandname. Please accept my apology.

The same reason anyone puts ANY license plate on their vehicle, besides a state issued one......they like it!

We don't get that option in Maine. We have to have a state issued plate on front and rear. I guess you could add a plate, but that'd look silly I think.

Well...I get a 10% discount on all products bought at the store and they do at least 10% or better on the saws. So in the last few years I save over $1,000.

In the past year they (the Stihl dealers) probably referred at least $30K of work to our company.

I doubt the license plates and stickers displayed on my truck did much of anything other than show I am a Stihl guy. I doubt that it hurt my relationship with my dealers.

I apologize for sounding condescending. What I was trying to say is that your dealer should give them to you if you politely ask for them. I did not mention begging for them. My dealer is pretty cool. They give me all kinds of Stihl products. I get a ton of questions on what saws are best and I usually send them in the direction of Stihl. Husky and Jonesred are good but in my area the servicing dealers are terrible. All the Stihl dealers in my area are top notch service centers. I am proud to run Stihl and don't mind showing it. I also get a pretty good discount on all the saws I buy.

I am sure you can afford the green for the license plate. Again, it was my intention to point out the fact that you should not have to pay for the plates. As a professional, Stihl should want you to display there brandname. Please accept my apology.

I accept your apology teamtree and I'm sorry for sounding like an a$$ myself.
I've got a great dealer, who probably would have given me a plate if they had one, but they're not in his catalog. I checked before I ordered it on Ebay.
As a pro customer I do get the at least 10% off on everything discount.
Sometimes it's more, the last saw I bought was a 200t that he gave me 13.46% off on.

I wasn't even thinking about product endorsements or anything like that. More like how you see the CAT, Mack or a Sports team plate.
Or the Nascar number plate of your favorite driver.

I thought 9 bucks for a novelty plate and 3 bucks shipping was a good price and thought I'd share it with other AS members, in case someone else also wanted one.

No problem...I have plates on my pick up trucks and I put stickers on my trailers and bucket trucks. I am proud to show I am a Stihl guy.

I was more less trying to save you some bucks but much is lost in translation in the age of the internet. I was saying it like I was talking to a buddy but in print is just sounds like I am a p r i c k.

Have a good day! Need to go do an estimate.

Dropped 200t from 50'

Yeah, my "X" climber dropped my 200t from about 50 ft. Broke the front part of the handle and a piece off the trigger. Total cost to repair about $90.
Saw still runs great, used it today and cut leaders 13" dia. with a 14" bar on a chestnut oak.
I personally dropped my 026 from about 45' when it got pinched on a top removal. It hit on top of another piece already on the ground and parts flew :cry: When I got back on the ground, I found that the air filter cover had popped off and the trigger had broken. Cost: $6 for a replacement trigger.
Let's hear some of you owners of "other" saws talk about your horror stories and how much it cost you to get your saw back into service after-the-fact.

This should stir the pot....

Beaver :greenchainsaw:

Yeah, my "X" climber dropped my 200t from about 50 ft. Broke the front part of the handle and a piece off the trigger. Total cost to repair about $90.
Saw still runs great, used it today and cut leaders 13" dia. with a 14" bar on a chestnut oak.
I personally dropped my 026 from about 45' when it got pinched on a top removal. It hit on top of another piece already on the ground and parts flew :cry: When I got back on the ground, I found that the air filter cover had popped off and the trigger had broken. Cost: $6 for a replacement trigger.
Let's hear some of you owners of "other" saws talk about your horror stories and how much it cost you to get your saw back into service after-the-fact.

i wonder why he is your -X- Climber:confused! CHAINSAWS ARE CHEAP AND YOUR WHINING TOO DAMD MUCH, WLL stir's the pot a lil. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

i wonder why he is your -X- Climber:confused! CHAINSAWS ARE CHEAP AND YOUR WHINING TOO DAMD MUCH, WLL stir's the pot a lil. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

:monkey: What does that have to do with STIHL License plates ?

i was just stirrin the pot. i like stihl sawz, and the lic plates.

Latest posts

Back