Stihl "log" side cover tags - PUT YOUR NAME DOWN!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
I think this is a good idea, and I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here. I would get it in writing.
Regards
Gregg

I won't bother with getting it in writing - it woud be different if I was making a profit from these, or passing them off as genuine - but I'm not, and they're not! It's not as if I'm making fake saws and selling them on Ebay - they are a 1" by 2" piece of ally, printed to ADVERTISE Stihl stuff!
Anyway, I have great lawyers... :) - and if Stihl do ask me to stop this then I will - but a phone call saying "we don't care" is fine for me, for now.

Last edited:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I bet at least one other person is wondering too. How are these tags applied to a saw?

Blind headed rivets, just tap them in. Curt sells the rivets on Ebay for a dollar each I think - no need for a rivet gun, just a tack hammer. These are pre-drilled for the rivets.
Edit - you can, by the way, re-use your old rivets. They just tap in like a springy expanding rivet thing - at least on my saw.

Last edited:
Are these going to be disease free badges????:):):)

That cannot be guaranteed - there may still be traces of Chlamydia on them. A quick dose of bleach should deal with that, however. :D
All pubic lice have been eradicated, the Syphilis has also been dealt with, and my Gonohorrea is in a "dormant" stage, so no danger there.
Besides, they come individually wrapped, so effectively they are wearing a condom. :D

I won't bother with getting it in writing - it woud be different if I was making a profit from these, or passing them off as genuine - but I'm not, and they're not! It's not as if I'm making fake saws and selling them on Ebay - they are a 1" by 2" piece of ally, printed to ADVERTISE Stihl stuff!
Anyway, I have great lawyers... :) - and if Stihl do ask me to stop this then I will - but a phone call saying "we don't care" is fine for me, for now.

I think maybe GrandeDog was suggesting you get a written agreement with Stihl and maybe with your supplier. Might keep the lawyers out of it.

He has a lot of experience in these matters. Just a thought. You're doing a great thing here and we'd hate to see you get bopped by some legal technicality.

Last edited:
Inculde me too! I'll take 3 please.I want to make a belt buckle emblem,if they're the right size.They always said you could tell a Texan by the 6" buckle and the 3'' holding it up! :)Are you going to paypal or what?

Put me down for 6. I have two 070s, two 07s and 4 contras waiting for them.

Hmmm. Put me down for 8.

On Lucas, I assume you've all seen this:

smoke2.jpg

I think maybe GrandeDog was suggesting you get a written agreement with Stihl and maybe with your supplier. Might keep the lawyers out of it.

He has a lot of experience in these matters. Just a thought. You're doing a great thing here and we'd hate to see you get bopped by some legal technicality.

I'm sure he does have experience in this, and if Stihl get involved then that's fine, I'll have my lawyer write them and explain - the "main" phone line my dealer phoned has one of those "All calls are recorded for your protection and may be used for training purposes" - so it's taped and I have a right to ask for the tape under the Data Protection Act.
But I don't think it'll go that way - nobody is losing sales as nobody makes them, and Stihl get a bit of extra advertising as to the longevity of their product by having restored saws out there, 30 or 40 years old and looking and cutting like new - can't be a bad thing for them?

I'm sure he does have experience in this, and if Stihl get involved then that's fine, I'll have my lawyer write them and explain - the "main" phone line my dealer phoned has one of those "All calls are recorded for your protection and may be used for training purposes" - so it's taped and I have a right to ask for the tape under the Data Protection Act.
But I don't think it'll go that way - nobody is losing sales as nobody makes them, and Stihl get a bit of extra advertising as to the longevity of their product by having restored saws out there, 30 or 40 years old and looking and cutting like new - can't be a bad thing for them?

No problem...like I said, more power to you. Are U.S. checks hard to cash over there? I don't have Pay Pal but we'll work something out.

LOL...Last week I spent a rainy day wrapping coins...wonder what the shipping would be on twenty-five pounds of rolled dimes.?

Last edited:
I've never cashed a US check, so I have no idea! There might be a big or small fee, I really don't know. You could always get a friend or family member to Paypal it, and give them cash in exchange? I can take dollars cash by registered mail, but that's probably more expensive!

Great stuff - the numbers are adding up quickly, which means the price will come down... I'll leave this open for a couple more days, maybe until Saturday night so everyone who wants to see it, will see it. After that - I'll get the ££££££expensive one-off made, photo it beside a NOS one, place the order if people like it, and from then on sell them through the Trading Post.

Cheers,

Patrick.

No problem...like I said, more power to you. Are U.S. checks hard to cash over there? I don't have Pay Pal but we'll work something out.

LOL...Last week I spent a rainy day wrapping coins...wonder what the shipping would be on twenty-five pounds of rolled dimes.?

You can send me a check and I'll Paypal him for ya... that is if this ever happens.... WDO

Thanks! When the price is set PM me with your address and we'll get started.

No sweat. you might have to pm me when it's time..... I might forget. That will prompt me to order as well. I might be in for a couple. WDO

great job

Patrick...

I love the Irish, Scotsmen and Guinness! The landscape and pub music is unbeatable!

If you need some help with the initial expense, up front money, let me know and I'll PayPal to you.

This is exciting, what a world wide group of enthusiasts we have here on AS and generous too.

...Carl

Back