Stihl MS 211 bar and chain ?'s for replacements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, in specs Stihl recommends 12", 14", 16" with 6- or 7- tooth sprocket, 3/8" P 1,3 mm.
And Oregon doesn't even show an 18" bar or chain in their selection menu, which is why I questioned running it in the first place.

All is well, formersawrep needs an 18" and had a new 16" so were swapping them win/win for both of us.

Now I'll need to figure out what to buy for a 16" replacement chain for the new bar.

I like to run 14 inch bars with 3/8P or Oregon low profile chain.
The shorter bar flexes less and its way harder to knock the chain off. My little jred(poulan lookalike) came with a 16 inch 3/8 lp bar/chain, if I bumped the chain on anything while limbing it came off, switching to a 14 cured that. The shorter bar also makes the saw feel more powerful and balances better.

Got the new 16" B&C installed today, many thanks to formersawrep for trading!

Pretty sure this bar uses Oregon 91VXL055G 3/8" Low Profile Semi-Chisel 55 Drive Link?
rr5uS38h.jpg

Had this 211 in the wood a few times now with the 16" B&C and Picco chain, it runs nicely far more capable saw than I was expecting and starts easy hot or cold really pleased with it so far.

Cant see where an 18" would be a problem as we run 211 18" bars and chains on modded 180's with no problems

Cant see where an 18" would be a problem as we run 211 18" bars and chains on modded 180's with no problems
Yeap,as modded 180's have same
-more or less- power output as stock 211s.
Real issue for both ,when running a 18" bar & chain is the oiler.
It barely provides adequate lubrication and that when out of the wood .

Latest posts

Back